Intercooler question

Michael30815

I am waiting on a super stock streched precision intercooler to come in. I have alky with t-44 turbo set to 24-25 lbs of boost, big mouth cold air intake, 60 lbs injectors, hp fuel pump. 3 inch dual gn1 exhaust, terry houston DP. How much more horsepower may i get, and will i feel a difference when i install intercooler.

How fast are you going through the 1/4? I run my TE44 at 25psi at about 117mph. I've read that it's the turbine side that is out of breath at this power level, so you may notice little to no difference. I just installed my CAS V4 slic and am going to the track this weekend to see if it flows any more than my dutt neck stocker; I'm not holding my breath as the t31 turbine wheel is my cork right now so the compressor probably won't move any more air than before. I am able to get away with marginally less alky but that's about the only difference I notice until I test it this weekend. I'm ready for the next turbo though now...

The stock neck is a bit of a restriction, but alky covers up many sins of a smallish intercooler.... until you start trapping 130 or so.....

My vote would be no if you already have the dutt neck on a stocker..... The alky is the key to getting away with the smaller intercollegiate.

Already have alky, but stock intercooler, ive have tuned my car but it seems like i get knock at wot at around 115 mph, alky is set between 5 and 6. So the precision intercooler will not help with knock issue at 115mph + ?

When you say it is tuned....... what are you tuning with? What datalogger? Wideband? What timing are you running?

If you are getting knock, cut the alky up....... then re-tune for proper AFR. Overly rich is good when running that kind of boost and alky......

You run as much alky as it takes to supress knock. Then re-tune and tweak the chip to trim the gas back until you get the AFR you want.

Chip?

What are you seeing on the scanmaster for 02's when you run it?

What timing are you running?

You really need to consider a wideband and a PL. The scanmaster is great for day-to-day driving, but for more serious tuning, it is not nearly as good as a powerlogger.

Stock location, large mouth, streched intercooler's,SLLMSI's top out at 700hp,you'll need front mount to go above...
i have a SLLMSI for sale if want,fan,brackets,custom adjustiable shroud,70mm up-pipe with single alky hole,everything showen,Bowling Green Customs made it, $800

IMG_0039FMSLM.JPGIMG_0040FMSLM.JPGIMG_0043FMSLM.JPG

Enjoy!

When you say it is tuned....... what are you tuning with? What datalogger? Wideband? What timing are you running?

If you are getting knock, cut the alky up....... then re-tune for proper AFR. Overly rich is good when running that kind of boost and alky......

You run as much alky as it takes to supress knock. Then re-tune and tweak the chip to trim the gas back until you get the AFR you want.

^^^^^^what he said...

My friend benny bennet who is very familiar with these cars is going to re-tune with eric marshall"s chip after i get the intercooler. The current tune is turbo tweak with alky, stock turbo, stock intercooler. I have upgraded turbo since then. Im not very good at tuning with a scan master yet.

You are going to want to send that chip to Eric for a re-burn. Get it burned for the TE44 with 23-26 PSI. The fueling in the stock turbo chip is going to be really low for what you need.