Iowa Guys?

VtheGNMan

Rather than resurrect an old post from 2008, starting a new one. Anyone here from Iowa?
I am from Cedar Rapids area.

I feel like the Santa Claus and M&M guy commerical...."they do exist!"
GN1090, I see you have some pretty major motor work done by Dan Strezo and John Plog. Are they in IA too?

John lives in Plattsmouth Nebraska......He is the master tuner and all around great guy. Dan is in indiana. Any others around Cedar Rapids ?

I'm in urbandale. (West Des Moines)
Usetaboost is in sewer city
Jdpolzin, austinibew145, and boostandy are all in the quad cities
85daphne is in atalissa (Iowa city)
Chadly is in pella
.....there are several others in Iowa as well....

I'm in urbandale. (West Des Moines)
Usetaboost is in sewer city
Jdpolzin, austinibew145, and boostandy are all in the quad cities
85daphne is in atalissa (Iowa city)
Chadly is in pella
.....there are several others in Iowa as well....

I wish I new when I was going to get my car back together. I was hoping close to the end of this month. I would like to try and get a meet scheduled for this fall at a track centralized if possible. Is there a track in the Des Moines area? If not Cedar Falls may be an option or Earlville Iowa?

Cordova would be a good choice for anyone east of Iowa City Cedar Rapids etc. TTAasap is just down the road from there as well.

I know years past Cordova runs until bad weather and I've ran there in to late October so have time.

Just a thought.

I would like to but doubt I can make it to Indy, just a bit too far.

I plan to get the car on a dyno before I do any serious full throttle blasts. It was bad enough doing pulls on the 4 lane roads with the old motor and PL. This new set up should see 125+ MPH at the top of 3rd and that ain't happening on the street.

I'll have to live with my abilities to tune for now I just need a dyno so I can safely get some data.

Did that dyno shop in Port Byron close up or move? I went by there last night and it looked like a construction business is in there now.

If we can get enough people to commit, I'm sure we can have Cal come even closer than Chicago. Otherwise, organizing something in Chicago is usually best because more people are available to round up. I think the shop in Port Byron is still there. That is an option.

If we can get Cal over this way I'm in as long as my car is back together which should be in a few weeks. I may have a friend or two that would love some dyno time as well. Not TB people but could help with the cost.

I have one friend committed if we get something closer than Chicago. 67 Chevelle FI Procharged small block that should make some big power.

Whats he have for a management system in his car? If Cals tuning it, might just want to make sure he knows how to run whatever management system your buddies using.

He told me and I don't remember? Even if Cal's not familiar with it maybe he can steer my buddy in the right direction. He just want some data on the dyno. He's been an engine builder an machinist for 40 years so I'm sure it will work out. The car probably makes 1000 hp and he doesn't want to data log on the street which I don't either.

He did say he would run it this fall at the track which I can't wait to see. The car is awesome.

Awesome! I don't know how many cars Cal does in one day or how to arrange everything. If you have time, make a post to see if anyone is interested in coming to IA/IL border to have Cal tune. Might be able to get enough to just do it locally.

The dyno shop by me is closed. There is a new dyno shop in East Moline called Bert's. Good people as I used to race with them years ago.

I'm sure cal (and everyone else) would laugh out loud about tuning my hot air car.....but I'd be down for watching and learning for sure.