Is a E85 chip needed?

BABY BOEING

I'm considering using E85, my question is can I just use a race chip with lets say 24-28 timming and just increase my fuel pressure 20% to start and then tune boost and fuel pressure to get O2's in line? Is high 780's-820's O2 voltage still a good number to shoot for using E85? Thanks in advance, Jon.

i think the readingso nthe O2 sensor should be about the same as what you shoot for with gas- it is, after all, a reading taken after combustion that measures the amount of free oxygen in the exhaust stream.

One problem you may run into is that the car may be VERY hard to start when the engine is cold if your going to run 100% E85. As the cranking pulsewidth needs to be alot more with E85.

You do shoot for the same numbers when you tune 750 to 800 on a scanmaster etc.

I say give eric at turbotweak a call and just get a E85 chip. No use in having your tune all messed up and trashing your engine over a less the $100 dollar chip when there is one out there to buy that works. Just my .02 cents.

One problem you may run into is that the car may be VERY hard to start when the engine is cold if your going to run 100% E85. As the cranking pulsewidth needs to be alot more with E85.

You do shoot for the same numbers when you tune 750 to 800 on a scanmaster etc.

I say give eric at turbotweak a call and just get a E85 chip. No use in having your tune all messed up and trashing your engine over a less the $100 dollar chip when there is one out there to buy that works. Just my .02 cents.

my experience with straight E85 and the stock 84 ecm with what i think are the stock injectors was that it started al ittle bit harder and ran a little choppy for about 30 seconds when the air temp got below about 40 degrees- but with the 87 ecm and the LeSabre chip that was in it when i got it (don't worry-a TT E85 chip and 60# injectors are in it's not so distant future) was that it started right up and purred like a happy little kitten with the air temp right at about 30 degrees last weekend. that was with a half a tank of fuel that i got last June before the stock fuel pump died. i drove it 35 miles last weekend and it ran smoother than it's ever ran since i got it.