Is a synthetic brand ok for rear end?

Danster

Do I need to add any other additive in the rear or are the synthetic brands sufficient enough? By the way, I have a posi.

Thanks,

Dannyo

Hello again Danny..
I just did my diff. fluid last weekend.. Oh man does that stuff smell. I accidently dropped a bolt in my catch pan and had to go in after it.. woooo.

I used synth 80w90 and put in a tube of posi additive for good measures. No problems here. Soak the bottles in hot water before you put it in so they will flow easier. I put in most of the first bottle then added the posi additive to the mostly empty first bottle just because it was a little easier to get out than the tube the posi stuff came in.

Also, get a little tubular adapter to screw onto the bottles just to make the job a little cleaner.

Great, thanks Timothydog! I guess I'll add this too my list :( . Oh, I almost forgot, I have some Blue Tops on the way :D .

Should have a good strong motor once everthing's completed. :p

Dannyo

The TimDog covered it all in a very comprehensive & thoughtful manner! I too add a bottle of GM Posi-additive to my Mobil 1 gear lube.

The only thought I can offer in addition is: If you get some gear oil or posi additive somewhere it shouldn't be (carpet, clothes, etc.), what works for me is any of the many orange/citrus based cleaners.

HTH :)