Is this going to be legal

Mike E

Mr. Badwrench
I want to get an answer to this before I can buy a turbo for car. I'm going to be putting a danny bee belt drive and a belt driven distributor on my motor. There is nothing in the rules that would lead me to believe either would be illegal other than the stock appearing rule which seems to be extremely vague. If someone percieves them as an advantage it could cause issues in the peer tech.

I'm ready to buy my turbo and build my headers to fit. I would hate to spend the money for a tsm legal turbo and get to a race and be illegal. So what do current and future tsm racers think about this?

I don't have any pictures of my motor it's still at the machine shop. This one is not mine (belongs to Chis Lyons), but it should look similar to this. I should look mostly like this but I'll have an electric water pump in the somewhat stock position covering half the belt drive.

IMAG0794.jpg

That's 5 people who are cool with it. I'm going to move forward.

Yes, It's most definitely overkill for a TSM combo. The shortblock is no different than what is in most TSO motors, I only wanted to buy shortblock parts once. It will make it even more embarrasing to be put on the trailer by your 109 motor or John Plog's iron head motor. But I'm hoping it's not going to be easy for you guys.

6768. If what precision says about the hp ratings are right, I'll give 10 hp to drop 100lbs any day.