jack and spare

usetaboost

SAY CAR RAMROD!!
what vehicles can I get the spare tire and jack from? I was thinking a donut from a camaro but DOn't know which jack I need?

The jack was the same one used on just about all of the GM RWD cars built in the 80's and 90's. I have had real good luck finding brand new never used jacks in Cadillacs. Like the 81-85 ElDorado and Sevilles. If you want the correct donut spare than it has to come out of a G-body with 15" wheels. I.e. MCSS and Cutlass 442 or TR. The one out of a 14" wheel model will work but it is one size smaller as far as the tire goes. If you can get a tire shop in your area to do it you can cross breed donuts. Use the 14" G-body steel wheel with the tire from a B-C-D body. IIRC the correct size is T155/80D16. Most of the steel donut wheels in the B-C-D bodies are dual pattern on the lug mountings.

so I can go get a spare from a b,cor d body and it will have a 14 inch donut tire, take that off and put it on a standard 14 inch steel wheel for a g-body, id that what u mean?

No.Actually I got my facts screwed around. The donut you are looking for has a 16" steel rim. 16 X 4" to be exact. G-bodies that came from the factory with 15" wheels used a T155/80D16 tire. TR,H/O,442,MCSS and GP 2+2 are the only models that came with 15" wheels. Cars with 14" wheels used a 15" donut. RWD B-C-D bodies also used a 16" donut but those wheels are either a 5 X 5 bolt pattern or a dual BP wheel. The dual pattern will work but isn't PC from a restoration POV. RWD B-C-D bodies with the limited-slip option(posi) did use the same T155/80D16 tire. All other cars using a 16" donut used a smaller T145/80D16 tire. Another source for a 16" donut is the 82-05 2WD S-10 and S-Blazer with limited-slip and again it uses the smaller T145 tire. All F-bodies use a 15" donut. I'm not sure about the aluminum donut used on the 1LE/B4C F-body. Hopefully I didn't confuse you to much.

All right, so what I think I might do is get a sprare of the b body and s-10 and just have it swapped. as far as the jack goes i'll get it from a caddy I saw out there. THanks!

or you could buy a 15X3 draglite wheel for a spare and would save on weight plus look cool in the trunk, and be tottally functional as a spare, unless of course you were stuck on the whole "being stock" thing. just another option. :smile: