John Craig

turbo buicks

ESADAH!!!
is there a website thats has any of John Craig's turbos on it?
all the turbos i see online are PTE's and i always hear about John Craig but cant really find any info on what models he makes and how good they are.

He does'nt have a website but give him a call and I'm sure he'll
be glad to help u.

Limit Engineering
885 Kiowa Av Lake Havasu City AZ 86403 (928) 453-7321

i believe Red Armstrong sells John Craigs turbo's also

they may cost a tad bit more in some cases but the old line goes .... you get what you pay for.

I just purchased a turbo from John and was very impressed with the attention to detail on it. Its a work of art. They answered all of my questions and had a very fast turn around. Yes, his prices are higher, but its good to know that I have someone standing behind it. I will be sending my old TA49 to him for a freshen up before I put it on my father's car.

Just put in a John Craig TA49. Superior workmanship, and really nice job porting the wastegate hole.

Anyway, I would definitely go back to John for any turbo work. Highly recommended.

Rich

Originally posted by GNVAIR
I just purchased a turbo from John and was very impressed with the attention to detail on it. Its a work of art. They answered all of my questions and had a very fast turn around. Yes, his prices are higher, but its good to know that I have someone standing behind it. I will be sending my old TA49 to him for a freshen up before I put it on my father's car.
Ditto here! The 61 I got from him that I posted pictures of is a work of art. Best in the business IMO! Considering the extra gaskets, actuator, etc.. you get with his turbos it is the same as anyone else excluding BB models.

I am not saying who is better since I do not want to have this sound like a vendor trashing session.Do a search in the archives on customer service and you will see for yourself.
I personally dont look for the best price, I look for service and quality of merchandise.

Hey QuickWE4 (neighbor)

I too just installed a Limit TA49 also. Everything is running great, but I noticed this turbo makes a helluva whining noise at idle (no other noises to drown out the sound). Never heard a peep out of my stocker for the 107k miles it went thru. Was wondering if this was normal? Then again, my ears ain't what they used to be either.

Stickybones..

FYI - we're running almost identical combos. We should hang some time and compare notes.

Hmmm...that's odd. I'm not getting that sound at all. Is it a high-pitched whistling noise? Could it be coming from where the header meets the turbo? Maybe you didn't get a good seal there? :confused:

I did notice that this turbo is a bit louder than the stocker when spooling, and the turbo sneeze is a bit louder as well, but other than that, no strange noises.
Rich

I'll have to double check. After I did the installation, and before the turbo got hot, I cupped my hands around the turbo to header connection to feel for leaks (my super sophisticated method) and found non. Everything seems to running OK so I just assumed the whine/whistle/whatever was normal.

For what it's worth, running street tires, street chip, street gas...it went 13.9@103 a few weeks ago at Island with a lousy 2.4 60ft.