Junkyard mods

turbotrix2004

Hey guys I did the dual intrepid fans today and started to think what other mods can be done and are worth doing with parts from other vehicles in the junk yard. It may sound silly but these made significant improvements.
I've done the blazer spindles, 2005 corvette front brakes, 2002 firebird rear disc brakes, and now the fans.

Front "jounce" bars ( F41) bars as some call them. They are usually on all Cutlass G bodys. And the "GP" front frame brace, They are found only on the Grand Prix G body cars. ( This may not fit, depending on intercooler, but could be moved further forward in front of the core support ). The 98+ s10 Blazer ( 2dr) rear sway bar . It mounts to the rear axle housing, and the frame, much like the "pro Touring" sway bars that cost too much.

hello; I have nothing to ad but with your brakes did you just make them fit or did you here it would work? I'd like to see a pic, if possible.
thanks
IBBY

If your asking me, the 98-05 Blazer 2WD spindle / rotor / caliper swap is a bolt on. If your asking the O Poster, who also has the Blazer set up... The company KORE. makes special abutment brackets that mount on the Blazer spindle, and allow the use of Corvette calipers / rotors. Hope that helps.

If your asking me, the 98-05 Blazer 2WD spindle / rotor / caliper swap is a bolt on. If your asking the O Poster, who also has the Blazer set up... The company KORE. makes special abutment brackets that mount on the Blazer spindle, and allow the use of Corvette calipers / rotors. Hope that helps.
Yes that's is correct, I'm running blazer spindles with 2005 z51 corvette brakes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a lie until we see pictures.
Just playing,but I'd like to see your brakes.

8a9f59cc762733286495e5369c9b93bb.jpg

I did the S10 brake swap. It was a perfect bold on swap.

Just do NOT use the ball joints with the knerl. They will NOT go in.

I used a small pipe bender on the brake lines and they bolted right on.

A list of junkyard parts already exists.

D

IMG_5870.JPG
And while we are at it, this is the Blazer dual piston se up with cross drilled / slotted rotors with 18" wheel

hello people; Sorry for any confusion but OP lists 02 rear Firebird rear disks. Did you use them on the front ?
IBBY

No I have 2002 firebird rear disc brakes on the rear of my car and 2005 corvette on the front

hello; That's what I'm asking about. Was it an easy swap and why did you go with 02 Firebird rears?
IBBY

a7c78a47f0ff22bc47132ca4cec1d025.jpg

Pretty much, it was real easy to do!! I think there is a write somewhere on here

hello; Pretty mean looking TB you got there. I like it. What's next?
IBBY