Just a thought, well maybe an idea, will it work?

jdpolzin

My friend is on a budget and we are currently swapping his set up over to run E85. Plan is a modded ECM and 120lb injectors with a chip from Eric. His fuel system is very basic for now and he does plan to build his system a little more as money comes in. For now he has a new replacement pump from the parts store, brand unknown. He also has another stock pump that he is not using so we thought about running a dual pump set up wth these two pumps until he has the money to upgrade further. What do you guys think of this? I know he should do it all out and have a big bad external pump with -10 and -8 lines but for now thats not going to happen. We actually plan to do both of our systems at the same time.

Jer., you guys have any specs on the unknown pump? The D.pumper will work, but I would be scared of that unknown pump. Did you guys look into that Supra pump???? I thought I saw a Weldon pump for a good price on here also? I have had no issues yet with my Weldon pump/E85. Checked O rings and they looked good as new. You guys headed out to Chicago next week..

Yes sir! We will be there! Austin just bought this pump at the parts store as a stock replacement. He doesnt even remember what brand it was but I suppose it's probably a Bosch. We just need to get him by right now.

Jer. if it's just to get by, why not drop 1 pump in and run gas?? Why take the chance? A motor cost alot more than the right pump. All it takes is that one time you want to push the pedal a little further to the floor....:D See you next week bro

Yeah, we will talk more about it next week. Car is not going to the strip anytime soon but we just want it good for cruising until fuel system upgrade begins.

I only plan to run my Walboro 340 in my car until I have the money to upgrade as well. What do you think of those pumps?