Just finished: my black 1980 Regal (lots of pictures)

Have you ever seen a similar car on the road?

• Yes

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 56.5%

• Total voters
20160708_173201.jpg
How about a 80 Monte turbo!

I will work on that for you. I don't get much a tension either, only from g body fans you know.

"LOL" ... I know ... :sneaky: *Isn't if funny*: "technically" our Cars are "A" Body's too !!

Once I went too a Dealership and had a polite (a 'very polite') shout-down over the "G" Label ...
Insisting I was right, The Guy actually pulled out an old book, and my God He was RIGHT !

"(It said: GM "A" SERIES CARS right on the Cover)"

Adding insult to injury, he then said: "got an owners Manual" ? (I replied "yeah"), ... "Go get it"
and look at it as well ! *NAILED AGAIN: (me) ... Covers "GM "A" Series (Covers: Regal's, Century's, and Century Estate Wagon "A" Platform's") ...

After that: I got a lecture about how "wrong information will get you the wrong parts every time Sir" ...
ANYWAY: it's been an "A" Car ever sense.:mad:

Still wanting to see other 80' Regal's ... If someone has one, PLEASE could you post some Pictures here ?

"What about an Old's" ? (and the Monte-Carlo above ?) ... I'm STILL "wowing" that one !

I know the red air intake is stock but they are just not pretty in my opinion. Chrome the piece that fits the carb and nice aftermarket pipe for the rest of it with a open K&N on the end.

Nice car.

Ah !! "That Monte" !! ... VERY VERY NICE. Not "my" thread: "OUR Thread".
I don't think I've ever even seen a Turbo Monte Carlo !

Yours ?

What does the turbo Monte have for instrumentation? Ive never seen the dash of one of those cars. Crazy the highest performance gbodys (turbo buicks) came with the worst gauge package.

What does the turbo Monte have for instrumentation? Ive never seen the dash of one of those cars. Crazy the highest performance gbodys (turbo buicks) came with the worst gauge package.
Id like to see what they used for a boost gauge..

Wonder if it's as groovy as the turbo power lights lol

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

The gauges in these cars are exactly like any other monte. The only difference is the turbo emblem on the vent! No boost gauge and no nock gauge. I have a boost gauge in there just not mounted yet. And the hood scoop is the only body difference between a standard and a turbo model. Thanks for the love so far!
2016-10-02 08.43.02.jpg
2016-10-02 08.49.32.jpg

You would think cheby would have at least filled the gauge holes that were there. I guess they were aiming for luxury until 83. My curiousity got me and i read that a tach wasnt availible until 83 i guess they didn't want to steal pontiacs "excitement" mantra.

Wonder if it's as groovy as the turbo power lights lol

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
They should have used Groovy lights on the back of the hood scoop like the 80/81 turbo trans am.. low med high :)

The turbo was just test. They didn't sell enough and have enough interest so they dropped that option. Too bad, think what a 87 Monte SS would have been like with a 87 turbo engine. Then again a Grand National would have not been so special.