K&N air filters....dangerous?

I have an 18' K&N Filter mounted right behind my grille and water doesn't seem to bother it at all even after washing my car. I have driven my car in big rain storms and no misses or anything. I say leave the filter on an don't worry about it. Just my 2cents worth.

My car with the K+N filter and a ram air scoop under the bumper made it through the tornado that hit Hamden in ummm 1989 I think, hey that was a long time ago...

I went through puddles that brought water into the car over the door seam. :eek:

Car never stalled and I didn't stay in them very long either.

That filter won't hurt ya, stock airbox is lower by a few inches anyway, stock paper filter will go south a lot easier than a K+N.

Ask the idiots how much water has to be "sucked" into the engine to harm it?
Many of us use alky./water injection with no harm to the motor. On purpose too. :rolleyes:

Forgot to say my car has been driven daily for 15 years and includes all season driving including plowing 8 inch snow drifts with the same below the bumper air scoop and K+N or Kenne-Bell style 9" cone filter.

Only been through 3 filters in that time too. They can be cleaned and reused.

Just my .02

What size K&N filter do i need for my 87GN i know i need a 9" long one...what about the inlet size? Thanks
Sleeper87

K&N oil contamination

The small amt of oil contamination that could possibly be drawn into the MAF is NOT a problem, IMO. That's IF the filter isn't drowned in the oil to begin with...We use ONLY the correct K&N oil & cleaner in spray bombs when we service a cleaner. Follow the directions and it's OK.
We use QD electronic cleaner,[safe for plastics] to clean the MAF wires. When we do the cleaner, we do the MAF too.. no problems since 86 doing this...

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Well tell your father that Goodyear is a bunch of idiots. The lowest of the low as far as mechanics work there.

A K&N filter is oil based. It *cannot* suck in water. Your car will stall first.

Yeah oil change monkeys at Goodyear know everything about turbo regals :D