Kirban Performace

eightyfivegn

I'm new to the Turbo Buick scene and needed a few parts for the car. A quick google search and Kirban's seemed like a great option. Placed my order for a few low dollar items. I knew the items were on back order and it wasn't a problem. I called a few times and talked to a gentleman who started giving me the run around. Twice I was told my package had shipped when it actually hadn't. Twice again I was told I would get a call back with a tracking number. Never did. I never have had a problem with the parts not coming in at the time they thought. I thought the poor customer service was when I had been told I would receive a call back or that my items had shipped when they really weren't. Kirban Performance lost a customer that would likely have spent a few thousand dollars or more with them.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to get my feedback out here.

x2 They lost me a long time ago, I am big on customer service; them, not o much:(
FWIW I've had great dealings with nos4gn
D o_O

Wow. That's unusual with them. I have been dealing with Kirbans since the mid 90s and they have always bent over backwards for me. Sorry you had a bad experience. They are one of the better vendors we have.

I have spent Many thousands of dollars with Kirban's, over Many years, and have never had any problems like that.
I have spent much time at Kirban's, and have never seen or heard of anyone treated like that.

Hi EightyFiveGN,

Did you recently buy your car?
What are the parts you're looking for?
Odds are that you might find some of those parts available here from other members.

I just ordered a reproduction window sticker one week and $80.00 worth of items approximately two weeks later. I received the items purchased very quickly,the items were packaged great and i was treated great when i called. The only issue I have is that I e-mailed pictures to them and apparently they deleted the e-mailed pictures or just overlooked them because i was asked to send the e-mail again. This caused the window sticker to take that much longer to receive. I figure that they don't receive too many requests for window stickers and just goofed on it but i did receive the window sticker, it was packaged great, and again, was treated great on the phone by cristina at their shop. It can happen to anyone and no one is perfect. Even summit racing screws up from time to time. I would not just stop being their customer over a few incidents, especially since they cater to our beloved buicks and our hobby!

Hi EightyFiveGN,

Did you recently buy your car?
What are the parts you're looking for?
Odds are that you might find some of those parts available here from other members.

Bought it a few months ago. My first turbo Buick! What I ordered from Kirban was two window rattle kits and a new wiper and cruise arm.

I figured I would chirp in.........

First, we appreciate all the nice words...long time owners realize we have been in this business way before the cars were even on the horizon for Buick. Not to get into details on every part but example the window rattle kits, one of the main parts for this comes from GM and it is not a stock part since its for a car that is now 25 plus years old.

The parts in this kit we also supply to other companies and other companies share their parts with us so for the most part we all work together. The rare part in the window kit which we do have ample stock of is the actual correct felt material needed to be reglued to your brackets. My point being some companies do not carry this.

As for the turn signal stalks several versions in aftermarket exist, and I can't vouch for what others sell but the one we market is as close to original as you will find...while you may be new to the turbo world, we do have alot of experience with these cars.

Window stickers we actually get quite a few of these done. Reason is we can get vritually any Buick window sticker done from the 1960s and up. They do not get done over nite. The source for these is located in Indiana and on his website he refers all Buick car owners to our company and all Pontiac owners to another source as he basically handles strictly Corvette on a a retail level and has done Corvettes for over 25 years. In other words this guy is good at this!

He recently went on a 2 week vacation which slowed that process down. We worked with him int he very beginning getting him the original window stickers for the font style for the 1984-1987 models including the GNX.
basically what I am saying is for a window sticker reproduction we are the only game in town unless someone else is also doing them ona smaller scale.

The turbo Buick market is a very small nitch market compared to Mustang or Camaro or whatever.

Its hard to keep constant stock on hand with so many different parts. In recent years the swing has been back to parts related to making the car like new or original again. Our staff is small, and sometimes its hard to stay in contact with customers all the time concerning their order.

Personally and I am sure G Body can also attest to this we spent a lot of time on the phone bugging companies on getting us parts in a timely matter. Some companies are quite good, others have great products, but delivery is a on going problem.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Dennis, thank you for responding. I really appreciate you taking time to read this. I never had a problem with the length of time, as before I ordered I know the parts were on back order still. You are a stand up guy and by responding I would certainly give Kirban Performance another try. I am new to the Buick community but its people like you that make me appreciate these cars and the vendors.