KNOCKING ON THE DOOR to the 9's (LITTLE LONG)

jdsgnx

To start out, before the 2011 GS Nat's, had run my personal best of 10.17@134. Reynolds March 2011.

Having been working on my car's 60ft's for the last few months,knowing that to get to that 9 sec pass I needed to be in the mid to low 1.4.

On Thursday's test and tune was increasing the launching RPM of the car trying to find that sweet spot.

Have several pic's and some video of the launch's, having only to make adfustment's to pass rear shock get the car to leave straight and level,PULLING BOTH WHEEL'S!!!

Not to abuse the car to much ,was only running 1/8 mile,was consistantly in low 1.5's pulling the wheel's, on drag radails trying not to SPIN!!!

Well Friday comes around and we start Qualifing ,1st round 10.22@135, 2nd round 10.16@136(turned boost up) New Personal best!!

Now Sat. final round Qual. 10.14@136 GREAT AIR!!! P/Best

1st round Elim's had a bye run, WENT FOR IT AGAIN ,knew it was going to be now or never!!! 10.08@137.48 WOW!!! P/BEST!!!!

Well it has to be LATER!!!, now having to make my next run in TAI didn't want to be distracked.

Raced Jim Bennett went 10.24@136 with a 1.60 60ft to Win!!

FINAL ROUND, next up was John (?) went a 10.64@143(WRONG MPH I KNOW) I had lifted at the 1/8 as I saw the WIN LITE!!!!

John must have red lite.

Later talking to John ,he told me he was trying to cut a good lite it was .05- O SO CLOSES!!!

Next on the agenda is to get the tune for the 60ft and 330 DOWN!!!

Wish me LUCK and I hope not to BRAKE ANYTHING!!!!

And to CLARIFY this is on 93 pump gas and Razor's ALKY CONTROL!!!!

JD

9's are right around the corner for you!!!

On our TAI run you only had me by a couple tenths as I had my second best ET and MPH ever, even if I cut a 000 light you'd still have beaten me. Impressive!

Let's line 'em up soon at BMP- I yanked my stock MAF out last night and I'm installing the 4 inch intake this weekend.

9's are right around the corner for you!!!

On our tai run you only had me by a couple tenths as i had my second best et and mph ever, even if i cut a 000 light you'd still have beaten me. Impressive!

Let's line 'em up soon at bmp- i yanked my stock maf out last night and i'm installing the 4 inch intake this weekend.

let's go!!!!

jd

Thanks GUY'S!!!

have a track rental on Dec 10 , Hoping to get things dialed in by then!!!

JD

Your getting there.. we need to wake up the 330 and the 9 sec pass is yours. :D

1st round Elim's had a bye run, WENT FOR IT AGAIN ,knew it was going to be now or never!!! 10.08@137.48 WOW!!! P/BEST!!!!

Well it has to be LATER!!!, now having to make my next run in TAI didn't want to be distracked.

JD

How much boost to get to your 10.08? Nice runs.

Congrats on the runs. You definitely have the mph to run 9s. So I'll ask a few Qs so we can compare notes. ;)

What A/F are you running? On my last run, I ran 10.3x with a 1.50 60ft in the low 130s with the A/F at 10.3 with 24lbs of boost. This was a safe run with 20 degrees of timing as I'm figuring out the new turbo. I was running 21 degrees of timing but I'd get a little knock here and there with A/F in the upper 10s so I went more conservative to see how much it affected the ET/mph. Next time out I want to do 26lbs of boost down low and 24lbs up top with the A/F at 10.5-10.6 with 20 degrees of timing. With a high 1.4 60ft I figure I could get high 10.0s@133-134. That would be enough for 9s if I put the slicks on and go for low 1.4s or better. I'm going to keep it locked in at 24lbs and 20 degrees of timing up top and add power down low for now. I'm gaining 26-27mph from the 1/8th to 1/4 with the PTC converter, crossing the line at 5500 rpm on 28" DRs.

So what are you doing for boost control? Are you ramping the boost in or just letting it come up on its own?

Looks like me, you, or Paul (pacecarta) could be the next one in the 9s on pump gas and alky at any time, although I've fallen a little behind lately. :biggrin:

Jd, the 3.73 gear helped me get over that hump. Improved the 60' and 330' the most. The ptc went from 6% slip to 5%. Didn't really gain much rpm across the line either. It really woke up the car.

Congrats on the runs. You definitely have the mph to run 9s. So I'll ask a few Qs so we can compare notes. ;)

What A/F are you running? On my last run, I ran 10.3x with a 1.50 60ft in the low 130s with the A/F at 10.3 with 24lbs of boost. This was a safe run with 20 degrees of timing as I'm figuring out the new turbo. I was running 21 degrees of timing but I'd get a little knock here and there with A/F in the upper 10s so I went more conservative to see how much it affected the ET/mph. Next time out I want to do 26lbs of boost down low and 24lbs up top with the A/F at 10.5-10.6 with 20 degrees of timing. With a high 1.4 60ft I figure I could get high 10.0s@133-134. That would be enough for 9s if I put the slicks on and go for low 1.4s or better. I'm going to keep it locked in at 24lbs and 20 degrees of timing up top and add power down low for now. I'm gaining 26-27mph from the 1/8th to 1/4 with the PTC converter, crossing the line at 5500 rpm on 28" DRs.

So what are you doing for boost control? Are you ramping the boost in or just letting it come up on its own?

Looks like me, you, or Paul (pacecarta) could be the next one in the 9s on pump gas and alky at any time, although I've fallen a little behind lately. :biggrin:

Looks like all the same except I turned it up!!!

Use a greedy profec b B/C, have ramp coming in as fast as it can .8 sec from launch to peak!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

JD

Jd, the 3.73 gear helped me get over that hump. Improved the 60' and 330' the most. The ptc went from 6% slip to 5%. Didn't really gain much rpm across the line either. It really woke up the car.

Thanks Kevin , going to do more work on the tune and launch before I change gear's.pretty happy with the 3.42's

JD