L98 chip

HighPSI

Staff member
If anyone can help me programing one, please email me. It is the old style chip (like a GN uses). I burned a copy of the chip, just need to tweek a few things

Hopefully you'll be able to get some info!!! I've been trying in vane to find an understandable chip image for my L69! It's gotta be real close to the L98 (table wise that is).

If it uses the same chip and holder as a GN then it's a 1226870 ecm, and you'd be alot further ahead of repinning it for a 1227165 like they used 86-89. Then go with the 6E calibration, at the 3rd Gen site under DIY Prom Burning is lots of info.

www.tunercat.com has editing tools

Originally posted by TurboDave
Hopefully you'll be able to get some info!!! I've been trying in vane to find an understandable chip image for my L69! It's gotta be real close to the L98 (table wise that is).

What ecm or applicaton is a L69?.

When in Vane about ecms just ask me <g>.
Trouble is no everone likes the answers....

Is this Vane or Vein?.
English is what confuses me.....

vane or vein

vain

'Weather vane"

You put an I.V. in the vein

"You're so vain".....Carly Simon

Bob
:rolleyes:

Originally posted by bruce

What ecm or applicaton is a L69?.

When in Vane about ecms just ask me <g>.
Trouble is no everone likes the answers....

Is this Vane or Vein?.
English is what confuses me.....

L69, as in my sig. It's in my 3rd gen (84) Z28. It's the High Output carburated 305. The standard Z28's got the LG4 motor.

Originally posted by TurboDave

L69, as in my sig. It's in my 3rd gen (84) Z28. It's the High Output carburated 305. The standard Z28's got the LG4 motor.

Sorry I've grown to ignore sig lines any more. Too often just noise.

Anyway the best chip for your L69 is available from GM.
Get the ZZZ retrofit engine manual, in it you'll find the best chip ecm ESC modules etc.

The secondary metering rods are discontinued.
You'll have to source them somewhere else
The 4.1 Buick V6s had a close enough set of rods to work well.

If you want to get the carb right get Doug Roes Q-Jet book, and set up the adjustable secondaries, and develiope a set of the different secondary hangers.

The best Air Filter setup is a Moroso drop base, might have to trim it a little. and then use a 2.25" K+N. No not 3".
The L69 will run better then you imagine when right.

Re: vane or vein

Originally posted by TurboBob
vain
'Weather vane"
You put an I.V. in the vein
"You're so vain".....Carly Simon
Bob
:rolleyes:

Well that explains alot of things <sigh>

Doc dulled a needle on a weather vein, then tried giving Sleepy an IV.

Originally posted by bruce

Sorry I've grown to ignore sig lines any more. Too often just noise.

Anyway the best chip for your L69 is available from GM.
Get the ZZZ retrofit engine manual, in it you'll find the best chip ecm ESC modules etc.

The secondary metering rods are discontinued.
You'll have to source them somewhere else
The 4.1 Buick V6s had a close enough set of rods to work well.

If you want to get the carb right get Doug Roes Q-Jet book, and set up the adjustable secondaries, and develiope a set of the different secondary hangers.

The best Air Filter setup is a Moroso drop base, might have to trim it a little. and then use a 2.25" K+N. No not 3".
The L69 will run better then you imagine when right.

Thanks, there's nothing wrong with the way it runs (for what it is). The car's even a peg leg (7.5"), and runs a very consistent 15 flat every trip to the track. Unfortunately it doesn't see track duty any more because everytime I went the torque bar would break the rear tranny mount. So it's a garage queen now.

BTW, I've had that K&N setup for several years ;)

I was just looking for more info on what's avaiable in the chip for "tweeking" ;)