Left Header/Ex. manifold removal details

Sixxpack2go

Hey y'all I'm new here and looking for a little insight on removing the L side header so it can be repaired. It is cracked in the usual spot(from what I've read). My actual question is do I need to remove the steering shaft or anything else that my be in the way so that I can take the header off the engine? It is an 85 TR chassis w/ the 87 mill in it. Thanks and glad to be here!

Nope. The only thing that has to be removed are the bolts and the little black brackets. The header will come out the top side.

While you've got it out, cut those stupid studs off all but the 3 bolts that need them. It'll make the next time easy.

Need to leave two long ones intact for the top row and one short one for the bottom row. Also, the Xover bolts are metric so don't mix them up.

Pay attention to how that black ell bracket comes off. It needs to go back on and only works one way.

Thank you gentlemen for taking the time to answer what was/is undoubtedly a rather mundane question as well as the additional points made involving the process. Obviously my first TR(although the love affair started in '88 when my mom took me to drive one at the local Chevy dealership as an incentive to better my grades in high school hoping its lure might inspire 'a better GPA'). 30 yrs later I realized I can't wait any longer. Now I'm 2 1/2 months deep in Buick ownership and figuring out how to un- or re-learn anything I THOUGHT I knew about 'making horsepower'. It's consuming....as I'm sure all of you must be aware of already! And again, thanks for responding- I am grateful. Will definitely be posting again in the near future- once I get a solid 'baseline' to run on!