lookin for some help

john turbo

i have 87 turbo t stock motor with larger turbo, and exhaust ,and other bolt ons, running 22 pounds of boost. i am debating if a methonal system or nitros system would be a good fit .nitros system i all ready have. is it a safe option or am i nuts?

Runing 22psi with out alky? Not safe man.forget nos just get an alkycontrol kit. A chip burn for it and ull haull ass..were in chicago u at?

have 110 octane right now. i am planning for alky kit. is it really not safe [22psi]with good gas. i just turned it up recently

Nitros requires more fuel. Alky is more fuel. ;)

How does it run? Do you have a scanmaster?

RL

i have 87 turbo t stock motor with larger turbo, and exhaust ,and other bolt ons, running 22 pounds of boost. i am debating if a methonal system or nitros system would be a good fit .nitros system i all ready have. is it a safe option or am i nuts?
The nitrous and meth system are totally different. One adds air, the other one adds octane. If your going to go the nitrous route.. stay on the 110.

If your planning on going down on octane.. the alky kit will allow whatever boost you want to throw at it. Without having to run the 110. I'd probably not suggest to running both alcohol and nitrous until you've got an excellent handle on tuning with the meth.

HTH

The NOS you'll have to turn your boost down to 10psi,then when hit the NOS it will boost it back to 20+psi mod depending,So you be at 10 psi all the time unless your bottles full, The Alky is all automatic !! you can run around with 25 psi boost all the time.With NOS you'll only get about 4-5 full 1/4 passes, the Alky Kit at least Two fuel gas tanks of Fuel worth (400 miles or so). Go Alky, Sell the NOS

thanks i ordered an alky kit today . also today my car with really cold temps the scanmaster showed me numbers of 570 to like 27 it bounces all over the place. is 27 a false reading. where under normal load like cruising should the numbers be? i think the scan master is jacked up

It's normal for o2 #'s to jump around. It's also normal to think this is not right.;)

Write down all your scanmaster #'s engine warm @ idle. Then take a little ride and write down bl# while accelerating and again while cruising.

How far are you from Lockport?

Rick