looking for a grand national mechanic in dallas

livefastcp

HI im new to the site and new to the world of grand nationals. I have been wanting one for along time. I found a cheap one thats gonna take alot to fix up. i love in grand prairie im just trying to find out who or where to go to get my car worked on here in dallas ft worth. The motor will need to be re built and re done up.

let me know thanks

jace hudson

Welcome aboard Jace. I'm in Hillsboro and do some side work but it depends on what you need. Can you tell me more about your car?

i just picked up an 84 gn. im about to completely dissassemble the car powder coat the frame basically re-do the car from the ground up. what i need help is purchasing the right after market things to work with the projected numbers i plan on pushing. the block of this 84 motor in my car has a hole in it so im gonna pick up another witch i have already found. but i wanna build this motor up to push a safe 400 to 450 if thats reasonable for just a street car, i dont plan on drag racing this car but i wanna be able to suck up some cars if the opportunity ever comes. so thats the plan and just need to find someone with the gn knowledge that can help me get to these numbers and keep it safe.

Switching it over to IC from HA isn't that big a deal at all. Sounds like you have some idea of what you're doing. Beware though, these car are money pits and it is an expensive hobby. The engine you found is a turbo block? Do you know what year it is?

None Really. The block and heads are the only real differences. The cranks, rods, and pistons are interchangable but the cam in the 86-87 motors have more lift.

I use to build Sr20 motors for nissans back in the day then got into motorcycles its been along time since I built any cars bit this has been a project I wanted to take on for a few years now. So u a safe bet to build this motor?

Cool! I'll see about giving you a call next week if you have the time. The car won't be ready for the 19th I don't think but I may be able to make it to Kennedale to watch at least.

bump to an old thread. I sold my 87 GN to a guy in dallas with a known bad motor (lots of metal in the oil). can you guys recommend a shop he can take it to? The motor was just rebuilt prior to the issue so it would be nice for him to be able to take it to a guy/shop that wont push a full on total rebuild when it has a fresh crank and new pistons etc...Not saying it doesn't need those items for sure but this guy isn't looking to spend money if he doesn't have to.

A somewhat confusing post? There is metal in the oil on a fresh rebuild? Who did the rebuild? And how many miles driven since the rebuild?

Good Morning. Pushing this thread to the top for updates. I reside in the North Texas DFW area (Frisco). Looking for a good shop or mechanic that can work on G-Body cars. Some stuff I can do myself and some not. Any recommendations?