LS1 swap w/200R4 how are shift points managed?

sakudog

I'm evaluating keeping my built 200r4 and using GM's adapter to save a significant amount of money on the trans. My only concern and question is about shifting...how will it be controlled if I run the 200r4? The same way it is controlled now...which is (sadly I don't know) unknown to me...

I'm MORE familiar with the 4L60E than this type of trans....

I know the geometry has to be correct for the tv cable maybe a tranny builder will chime in with a possible solution I'm also contemplating the same senario

Bowtie Overdrives offers a TV system for the stock type LS throttle body. This will correct the geometry.

Yes I was aware of the bowtie overdrives kit but I don't know if it will work with the 102 fast intake and throttle body I will be using guess I should give them a call

Yes I was aware of the bowtie overdrives kit but I don't know if it will work with the 102 fast intake and throttle body I will be using guess I should give them a call
An opinion:
If you are building an engine w/ enough steam to utilize a FAST 102, I'd suggest you get one of Lonnies KILLER 200's...Otherwise, sell it, and get a 4L80E and be done with it...

My plan was to get Lonnie's stage 3 200 but want to use mine for set up and tune its good for 600 horse has all billet internals.

I am sure you can tailor the curve to work using spring etc. or I have a reverse manual VB with or without engine braking that does not need a tv cable.

You would not be able to use the stage right with reverse manual. Could do an electric brake.

I am sure you can tailor the curve to work using spring etc. or I have a reverse manual VB with or without engine braking that does not need a tv cable.

Lonnie,

Will your manual VB "with engine braking" work with a dual-fed trans?

Bringing this one back up. I am doing LS swap in a gbody...not a TR...want to retain the 200. I saw the bowtie overdrives kit but the throttle body looks to pull the cable the wrong way. Maybe I am just stupid. I have a 99 1500 doner vehicle that's still running at the moment.

The bowtie kit pulls tv cable over a cam. It does pull in the correct direction.