Magnaflow cat 93439

SuperTTA

Hi,
I am looking for a replacement catalytic converter and found this direct fit on for the GN. I email a vendor for them and he writes me back and says it is not emissions compliant? He said it was high flow and wouldn't work well for emissions testing.
Why would they make a cat that won't pass emissions? Is it not a 3-way cat or something?
Does anyone know if it will work for the dyno smog test?
Thanks,
James
I already have a catco cat, but it didn't do such a great job at the 15 mph of the test.

The website (magnaflow.com) doesn't say if it is 3-way or not, just that it is 49 state and california compliant.... I would hope that it is 3-way then. It also says it is direct fit...lol
Thanks,
James

If CA compliant, then it probably is Three-way. I doubt it's direct fit, I had to have the muffler shop cut the old flanges off my ATR cat and weld them on the new cat. It direct fit, then we have a good replacement for our worn out cats.

I have the same magnaflow too and love it, you can usually get a used one on ebay or cragislist. I wanted a valid warranty so I got it here. Magnaflow 93439. Also some of the forum sponsors selling magnaflow*usually have a sale going on. Either way its a great cat, sounds great, and very easy to install...and I dont have a problem with emission testing whatsoever

Thanks. I ended up buying that cat back in 2007, this is an old post, and I have passed emissions 3 years in a row. I haven't got around to gutting the catco cat to use between tests. I leave the magnaflow cat on all the time.