Mini "under seat" subwoofer unit question

Turbo6Smackdown

This is for the audiophiles; I am completely audio equipment ignorant so I must rely on you guys for this question. My buick (& my daily driver for that matter) have sub par stereo systems in them, and even though I'm not a fan of bass at all, my cars COMPLETELY lack ANY bass whatsoever, and that kind of ruins some songs in my opinion. I'm seeing these little self contained underseat subwoofer speaker boxes that you can just throw under the seat, wire it up and go.
1. How easy is it to wire up one of these things? Is there any easier to wire in than others?
2. Is just one under a seat going to sound uneven now? Kinda like having the fader on the radio switched too far over to one side?
3. Does JUST bass come out of these things, or does some other ranges of music get through as well.
Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited:
This is for the audiophiles; I am completely audio equipment ignorant so I must rely on you guys for this question. My buick (& my daily driver for that matter) have sub par stereo systems in them, and even though I'm not a fan of bass at all, my cars COMPLETELY lack ANY bass whatsoever, and that kind of ruins some songs in my opinion. I'm seeing these little self contained underseat subwoofer speaker boxes that you can just throw under the seat, wire it up and go.
1. How easy is it to wire up one of these things? Is there any easier to wire in than others?
2. Is just one under a seat going to sound uneven now? Kinda like having the fader on the radio switched too far over to one side?
3. Does JUST bass come out of these things, or does some other ranges of music get through as well.
Thanks for the help guys.

I have an Infinity Bass Link for a 1962 IH Scout project I'm working on. I haven't hooked it up yet, but in my research I've learned a lot.

A1) Most with built in amps have speaker level inputs as well as RCA inputs that connect to both left and right channels. The bass link has a remote turn on for the power antenna lead and an auto sence feature to turn on and off automatically when music is detected.
You would need to run power and ground wires as well. Fairly easy.

A2) The subwoofers are Omni directional so they sound like they come from everywhere, for the most part.

A3) Subwoofers produce only bass with most setups having a knob to adjust the frequency to fine tune the setup, usually 80-120 hz to help in blending with the other speakers.

www.crurchfield.com was my friend.
Good luck in your quest.