Misfire

nebraskamonte

Went out to start the turbo Monte as i do every couple of weeks. Only this time it was missing pretty bad. Constant misfire that seems worse under load. I have taken no action yet as I'm a dealer tech and time off is valuable. I'm bringing it to the shop tomorrow to dig around and see whats happening. Any guidance would be appreciated. I will update tomorrow on what i find.

Ended up getting pretty sick so i wasn't able to touch it until today. checked manifold temp and #5 was only at 91 degrees. pulled the plug and it was black. dead misfire on cylinder 5. I checked the plug wire and the crimp was not the greatest. re crimped the wire, tried it, misfire is still present. There is spark to the plug when grounded. I was running the ngk plugs that were recommended on the before black website. Any help is appreciated.

Leaking injector causing black plug and low compression due to the oil washing off the rings on 5? If the other cylinders are 150 or so it won't cause a dead miss under load, but a fuel fouled plug will. Maybe swap injector to another cylinder and see if the miss follows it. That's assuming it is injected.

It is carbed, I ended up replacing the plug with a delco and checked out the crimp on the wire, it appears it was never properly crimped. i re-crimped it and threw it all back together and she ran fine..I'm guessing it was the wire. Thanks for the help though. Wish i had the money to go sfi.