More knock problems at low boost...

Pats-GN

Half throttle knock???

My knock is back, i'm getting anywhere from 1.6 all the way up to 6.5degrees of knock. Its inconsitent, sometimes I get very little, sometimes I get a ton. Even at half throttle sometimes. Have tried two different chips, checked plugs and wires, fuel filter, tried different coil/ign module, fuel pressure, even dumped a couple gallons of 110 in there and no change. I never get the pinging, other than a few seconds of it when I first hit it(spike). Seems like this all started after I installed my Hooker catback, but I cant find anything hitting. Anything i'm missing? I even got 2degrees of knock when my accuator arm came off the wastegate at 0boost:confused:

thanks
pat

Its got to be false knock if you had 2 degrees with no boost. Check to see if the downpipe is hitting the frame or something else. Do you have engine tie down strap?

Yeah, thats what i'm thinking. When the accuator was off I still got knock, the downpipes not touching anything but its very close. I dont have a engine strap. I might change the motor mounts and see what happens.

The rubber strap that holds the testpipe/cat is broken allowing the dp to hit the frame, hope this fixes it, before I dig into the motor mounts:)

My T-type has some detonation problems too. Most of it was the injectors, but Im still getting some false knock. Did motor mounts and a engine tie down strap, helped a little. Gotta find out what else is causing it. BTW, motor mounts aint that bad of a job. You curse and swear, but is there any job on TRs that you dont curse and swear?:D

Tried moving the dp and still getting the same thing. Is there anyway to secure the downpipe/testpipe? Mine moves too much, and I know its right on the frame when I gas it.:rolleyes: