more roadside assistance

ncgreg231

www.turb0buickS.com
Hello again. Thanks to all the VA & NC folks who have assuaged my fears of being stranded on the side of the road with no idea of where assistance may come from. To this date, (knock on wood) I haven't needed any help of this kind, but now a new possiblity is in the earliest stages of materializing...

Here's the story - I'm hoping to acquire a 91/92 B4C and so far, all the ones I see have started their lives in TX. I don't exactly have cash in hand at this moment, but I'm expecting that if I ever do find a suitable car, I'll probably have to go to TX to go get it (supposedly to save the costs of getting the car transported) My brother is also in Houston, so my plan would be to fly down, get the car, stop off in Houston and then begin the long return drive to NC. Route would be TX, LA, MS, AL, GA, then maybe TN -> NC (friend in Knoxville), otherwise SC -> NC

There's no definite plan at this point, but basically I'm preparing ahead of time - and this is basically a "worse case" scenario. So, at a worse case, maybe folks in the towing business, or with a good shop would be in a better position to give assistance, but beggars can't be choosers either. I'm guessing that if I end up playing "mechanic-roulette" I'll wish I had never made such an attempt. And most likely, nothing may happen in the end. to quote that one song...I tried so hard, and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter... Hopefully the drive will go down without a hitch (PUN intended) but again, I want to be as prepared for the worse as I can.

BTW, any of you guys know any good deals on 5spd B4Cs, I certainly would be happy to know, or if you can recommend a good source to look for them too, that would also be good. I'm already keeping a close look at ebay - I'm think more along the lines of local newspaper's, govt auctions, etc. AM I even wasting my time posting this here? Anyway, enough with the BW. TIA

-Greg