More robust map sensor?

haywire4130

The gm 3 bar map sensor that came with my xfi took a crap the other day (only about 8 months old) and im replacing it with a aem 3.5 bar... makes me question the durability of the gm type running my alky kit (i was running 2 map sensors). Is anyone running the aem 3.5 to control their alky pump? Should i just leave the 3 bar alky one alone and run both?

U can run it off the 3.5 AEM it will just turn on Alil later due to the extra . 5 bar . U can tune that with the alky controller

I have the AEM 3.5 in mine. Have to set it in the powerlogger if using one so it knows too.

Yes the power logger will need to be set to 3.5 but the alky controller still thinks it is receiving a 3 bar signal

Can you split the signal, one to the Xfi and the other to the Alkycontrol?

Can you split the signal, one to the Xfi and the other to the Alkycontrol?

I don't see why you couldn't I'm only saying that the signal the alky controller is looking for to is a 3bar so with you hooking up a 3.5 bar the controller will start spraying alky later. So if u had it set with the 3 bar to start spraying at 6-7lbs of boost it will now come on at like 9-10 with the 3.5 map

Thats what i was figuring, ill probably do that, just wanted to see what the consensus was. As i keep turning up the wick, my engine's survival is very much dependant on the alky functioning hahaha

No i used a deutch connector on the xfi and ran a dedicated harness straight to the map, mounted it to the fender right next to the alky one. Itll be simple to swap to the AEM and tie the alky one to it while im there.

The gm 3 bar map sensor that came with my xfi took a crap the other day (only about 8 months old) and im replacing it with a aem 3.5 bar... makes me question the durability of the gm type running my alky kit (i was running 2 map sensors). Is anyone running the aem 3.5 to control their alky pump? Should i just leave the 3 bar alky one alone and run both?
Your original concerns of the GM MAP sensor... i"m sure if the type sensor Julio supply's in his Alky kit had any appreciable failure rate ,it would be gone. My supplyed map has been fine sense 2006. And i cant recall ever reading of failures?

Guess you missed Bison's video of the GM MAP sensors blowing bubbles in a bucket when pressurized!

I'm in no way implying that julio sells garbage, it has been reliably making my car fast since 08, just that the one that came with my xfi only lasted a few months (no doubt china is to blame). My original question was basically should i leave well enough alone and keep trusting the alky map sensor or hook it to the AEM. I chinged up for the AEM because intermittent failure of the map sensor can cripple your car in the middle of nowhere running speed density and that isnt acceptable.

Guess you missed Bison's video of the GM MAP sensors blowing bubbles in a bucket when pressurized!
That was only ones I personally had fail. Have heard of at least 10 others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

63ecab5c565baca1cc431bd41fd903c9.jpg

Plenty to go around. You can easily tie this into your existing system. The signal range is .5-4.5v. 5v input only. I have these in 1, 2, 3.5, 5 bar, and 100psia. I can supply harness if needed also. I'd need specifics on length and connectors to make them. Over 300 of these I've used and zero failures so far. Expect more accurate values also

I'm in no way implying that julio sells garbage, it has been reliably making my car fast since 08, just that the one that came with my xfi only lasted a few months (no doubt china is to blame). My original question was basically should i leave well enough alone and keep trusting the alky map sensor or hook it to the AEM. I chinged up for the AEM because intermittent failure of the map sensor can cripple your car in the middle of nowhere running speed density and that isnt acceptable.
It can cripple your wallet also

Can your MAP sensor feed both the xfi and the alky signal or would you need one for each?