Mustang intimidation, part 2...

scojack_2001

Livin' Like A Refugee
Well I was out last night to put some gas on my GN. On my way out I stopped to pick up a buddy of mine who wanted to go for a cruise. So we left his Nova at his place and rolled in the GN. Got some gas and went into Newark to make a lap or two. I see the familiar headlights of a 99-04 GT Mustang come up behind me. I got in the right hand lane and we stop at the next redlight. He takes the invitation and pulls right up next to me as I knew he would, and revs up the 2V mod motor. It did sound good, and I know he has at least exhaust and a x-pipe. Light goes green and he gets 1/2 car out on me as the instant 24psi of alcohol-fed boost just blow the Michelin Pilots away. We both hit 2nd with me still spinning and I was gaining ground. I finally went by him still spinning and caught traction immediately putting 2+ cars on him. I shut it down because we're in a heavily patrolled area by the cops. It was stupid of me but he asked for it, so Im not one to back down from provocation... Passenger was cool, as was the blonde seat cover in the back. We talked at the next light and they were cool. The girl in the back wouldnt stop looking at my car. The driver seemed like a sore looser but thats okay. I even got props from a guy on a Harley who was behind us. That was cool. Dont get me wrong, it was a good run. That was probably every bit of a 13.5-ish car with bolt-ons. After that we just kinda chilled out and cruised on home. Next on the list is a set of 255/50/16 MT DRs for the GTAs out back.

Probably more to come.

Scott