My billet TA block on Methanol/E85 w/ 160lb injectors and a Gen2 'street' car build.

Hey skater love the pics and thanks for sharing and taking time to post.

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

I wonder why Reed opted for the smaller 68/76mm turbine on this engine? I mean this engine is the baddest v6 money can buy besides the 500+ci they run in the vette in Qatar. Are you staying in a 3 bolt housing? What gate and what controller?

I want to clarify that I was the one that wanted to keep the turbo on the small side. Reed had recommended the 74mm wheel to make more power, but I was the one that wanted to stay with the small wheel.

Hahah I dunno if this engine is that bad, but I am hoping it should be fairly stout!

Not sure on the 3 bolt yet. Few things in the air. Stay tuned ;)

I have been looking everywhere for brackets that would allow you to relocate the rear upper control arm to aid in adjusting the instant center of the car, and it seems Boost Crew Motorsports has them
I believe pacecarta has these on his car and I was looking at using them myself . I think you need to use their upper control arm due to length . I think it needs to be shorter than most , but I'm not sure . This is a link to baselines website with install pictures . http://www.baselinesuspensions.com/kits/chevy.htm

Are you planning on upgrading the rearend & drive shaft ? I don't see it on your list of goodies .

I believe pacecarta has these on his car and I was looking at using them myself . I think you need to use their upper control arm due to length . I think it needs to be shorter than most , but I'm not sure . This is a link to baselines website with install pictures . http://www.baselinesuspensions.com/kits/chevy.htm

Right.

It needs to be 2" shorter. You can also be a supporting Buick dude, and grab them from Boost Crew Motorsports. Ask for Brad or Bo and tell them Tyler Clark sent you :)
(who I will giving my business to) http://boostcrewmotorsports.com/Baseline-Suspension-UCA-Relocation-Race-Kit_p_25.html

Are you planning on upgrading the rearend & drive shaft ? I don't see it on your list of goodies .

Yes, I do, after my 18 month plan. Hence why I am running a smaller turbo for the time being since I don't intend on running more than 600whp for the first year or so the car is together.

Yes, I do, after my 18 month plan. Hence why I am running a smaller turbo for the time being since I don't intend on running more than 600whp for the first year or so the car is together.

With your build good luck keeping it UNDER 600whp !!

What's the cam gonna look like? 220's duration? 230's??

Love that rotating assembly!

Hoping he goes in the 230 range

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Go to a 4 bolt housing the 3 bolt will be a restriction

I agree. That is currently being sorted out.

The main issue is getting the motor build and in the car. Headers/DP can easily be swapped later.

With your build good luck keeping it UNDER 600whp !!

Haha well I hope it won't be too hard!

I think I am going to just have Duttweiler spec it when I bring the motor to the shop. I don't need more than 224 for my goal of a streetable motor that can crack 9s.

Thank you on the compliment for the motor :)

Hoping he goes in the 230 range

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Honestly, I don't think you need 230's to break into the 9's, plus with that much duration is won't be as streetable as something in the low 220s.

Again, I am at the point now where I am just going to wait and have Duttweiler spec it for my goals. I am thinking like a 222-224/225-227, but who knows! It will also depend on what I can work out for the headers and if I do end up going 4 bolt or staying 3 bolt for now.

Just put a 224/224 hydraulic roller in a stroked 3.8 block and it idled like a stocker. Kenny won't steer you wrong on your motor.

He is about the most knowledgeable builder I have ever met.

Just put a 224/224 hydraulic roller in a stroked 3.8 block and it idled like a stocker. Kenny won't steer you wrong on your motor.

112LSA? 114?

I recently sent a core to Bullet for grinding. Going with a 225/225 on a 114 LSA

I think if I revered Kenny more than I do now, it might border on sacrilegious...

So today I got a sweet package from Boost Crew Motorsports / Baseline Suspension :

New rear double adjustable control arms with relocation brackets that allow you to adjust the Instant Center of your car.

For those that are unfamiliar with the term IC (Instant Center) it is kinda like this imaginary spot in your car that directly impacts how the rear suspension/car as a whole reacts to launches.

For reference, I have attached two scans of pages that outline what the IC is, and how you can calculate it. These are from my personal "Drag Book" that I store all my Buick info in.

The pics of the arms:

Attachments

• Scan_20170308_132033.jpg
    Scan_20170308_132033.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 133
  • Scan_20170308_132033_001.jpg
    Scan_20170308_132033_001.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 138

Eventually I will be upgrading the rear end to an Eaton Posi with 30 spline axles and C-clip eliminators, along with a TA girdle. I have spent a fair amount of time trying to ask around and although a 9" would be excellent, I don't think I will be overpowering the Eaton and ripping it to shreds since I don't plan on transbraking the car at launch. I plan to just use a 2step and footbrake it, along with eventually running a Boost Leash boost controller and having timed boost stages.

From all the info I have been getting, it seems like something more in the mid-220's range would really be the ticket to a solid street car with some track time.

For consideration, my old DLS cam that was a 218/218 with .540 lift has been 9.13's in a full weight car....so I *don't* quite think much more than 220s is really needed for high 9s..

Now obviously whoever ran that 9.13 was cranking it up, but the point I am trying to illustrate is that is a 218 can run DEEP/bottom 9's, a mid 220's cam with a lot of ramp should be able to crack off a high 9 without too much trouble..... at least I hope so! :)

Also:
So I got my flow numbers for my new heads from Champion yesterday.
Here are the numbers:

Lift Intake Exhaust
.100 64cfm 58cfm
.200 131cfm 117cfm
.300 185cfm 151cfm
.400 225cfm 177cfm
.500 251cfm 189cfm
.600 254cfm 196cfm

These heads still use the 1.90 valves, so I was pretty happy to see how well they flowed, especially at .200 - .400 lift.

Nice flownumber did they come from champion or a third party? I'm going to be running a 226/226 solid roller in my 281 CID on center motor . I don't see a need to go much higher then 230/230 ish . It's nice knowing what your heads flow so you can spec out the cam . Like my heads flow the most at .550 lift and don't flow much more at higher lifts so there isn't a need to go with some crazy lift numbers . I'm looking at that base line stuff aswell looks like a awesome set up . Build is looking awesome btw

Attachments

• IMG_3748.JPG
    IMG_3748.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 104
Nice flownumber did they come from champion or a third party? I'm going to be running a 226/226 solid roller in my 281 CID on center motor . I don't see a need to go much higher then 230/230 ish . It's nice knowing what your heads flow so you can spec out the cam . Like my heads flow the most at .550 lift and don't flow much more at higher lifts so there isn't a need to go with some crazy lift numbers . I'm looking at that base line stuff aswell looks like a awesome set up . Build is looking awesome btw

Hey Chris, thanks for the compliments!

Yes, those are from Champion. I just had Tom read them off to me, as I had been waiting a few days for him to email/fax them over, and so I just figured writing them down is no diff than a fax :)

That 226 looks like a nice cam. I spoke with a mechanical engineer that works at Comp who also has a GN so he is familiar with these cars, and we came up with a 224/224 cam with around .578 lift and a more aggressive ramp rate.

I was real happy to see the flow numbers on my heads from .200 - .400. I am hoping these heads will provide plenty of low end and mid range power.

I also got these toys today:

SPC front LCAs :D

Awesome build!!! Keep all your points fresh on this thread. I do the same, it always helps if you need to back track on anything that you did. Looks fantastic!!