My Custom Engine & Car Build!

FYI - I choose to run 1/8 thermocouples because they respond much faster. I would expect at least a 2+ second delay with the thicker 1/4 thermocouples. The only downside to the 1/8 is that they can snap and hurt a turbine if to much of the thermocouple is sticking out un supported.
AG.

Jist tig welded a -10AN male fitting on valve cover for evac system. Still pemding opposite side.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419752936640.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419752936640.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 369
Finally got the car started. 1st dyno tune session. I rushed to finish putting it together. Car is in no way complete. I just had a window of opportunity for dyno time and I jumped on it. . . Cal behind the computer. 1st pull was at 11psi. Surprisingly enough it put out 491hp w 392 torque. Good strong run. . Things looked great so we started pushing it. . .2nd run 13psi & net 549. Not bad for 13psi. . . .Everything was looking positive so kept going. 3rd was even better @ 15.3psi 566hp and 446 torque. Oil pressure wad a rock solid 60psi throught the run. . . .a couple of adjustments were made and kept pushing boost . . . .4th run was about 17psi and it only net us 49 more hp to get me to 605hp. .Things started to slow down. We pushed to 18 and it made less. Motor wasnt happy. More adjustments made. . 20psi and she got to the high 580hp. . . .my heart was heading in a downward spiral. . Looked like turbo i had hit a wall. . Looked like she was going to flat line there. . But we kept pushing 23psi. . . Again. . . .high 590+ plus....... it didnt loook good for me. . . Thats what my builder said would probably happen. . . So i said keep pushing. Afrs were good. . .motor is healthy lets push some more. . . .made a couple more hits amd things started going south. . . It wasnt building more power. . . We stop check plugs. . .all looks good. . . So Im thinking im already here. . . .push some more. Then the tipical intercooler hose pops off. . . . . So we stop change a a clamp to a nicer tighter fitting one and try the run again. . . . .bingo. 12th hit. . .she came back to life. . 12th hit 24psi nets me 753hp & 636 torque. . .we made a couple more healthy runs. . .to back those numbers up. .i was happy. . . Track time.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1423816815517.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423816815517.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 291
  • uploadfromtaptalk1423816996493.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423816996493.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 289
  • uploadfromtaptalk1423817083295.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423817083295.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 277
  • uploadfromtaptalk1423817137511.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423817137511.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 293
Last edited:
This car would have made 800hp if we decide to push it. I had the boost ramping in as fast as it could so it would overshoot and that's the hp spike you see. I was happy to see it all come together for Sam. I know he and Jason were thrashing for several nights to make it happen

Glad to see that is working out for you Sam. That has been a lot of work. Looks like its paying off.

Nice to see your up and running...interested in hearing your first impression's of your Comp turbo

Cal Hartline did an absolutley amazing job with the tune... He's got magic fingers... I was in awe watching him do it... He is definately a pro when it come to it. by far the best I have ever seen... I am extremely satisfied and i will be having him put his magic fingers on my tune after i get a little track time on it.. We rushed and pieced it together to make it to the session, and most importanlty nothing broke.. god bless...
THANK YOU CAL HARTLINE!

Thank you, Sam! You had a good foundation. The EGT's made it easy to dial in the individual cylinders. The CNP setup worked flawlessly. The billet oil filter setup was easy to inspect, etc.. We worked through a few minor bugs, but in the end the numbers speak for themselves. Let me know when you're hitting the track and I'll be on standby if you need any help.

Nice run.. I know there is more left in that combo.

Good for you man that has been a lot of work to get to that point.

3rd time to track and 12th pass. 1st time to track motor wasnt responding to boost. I ended up finding out my valve lash was incorrect and my valves were hung open. I never verified that upon receipt of motor. My bad. 2nd time to track i never got passed 17psi as i could not get the car to hook of the line. I couldn't get passed a 1.59 sixty. Made suspension correction amd last visit ti track net me the best passes and a respectable sixty. . . Its moving forward. Im hoping for sub 9sec passes this Friday

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk