My experience with E-85, Gen II Translator and the EE Rev G chip

granatl

TRCM Author
I've recently become a owner of the Full Throttle / Bob Bailey Extender Extreme "G" chip that allows timing adjustments via the Gen-II MAF Translator.

First off, let me say WOW!

If I mix in E-85 into the gas in the tank, I'll drive around for about 10 minutes on light-to-medium throttle until it mixes well with the gas.
The first thing I'll see is that all my (used) BLM's slide upwards, as expected. At this point, I go into the Main Scale of the Gen-II and start pushing it upwards. Roughly speaking, 3/4 point on the Gen-II is equal to 1 point for the BLM. So in order to get my BLM's back to the 128 range, I have to bump the number up to 25.0-26.0. This is "close enough" that the translator can maintain my dialed AFR of 10.7:1 at WOT (I have an LM-1 WB).

Mind you, everytime I buy gas (or E-85), I have to drive for a little while, and then re-adjust the main scale accordingly. I try not to exceed a mix of 50% 91 and 50% E-85.

Now, even at 22 PSI and 24 degrees of advance (31 degrees at lower RPM's), I still get no knock (I also am spraying rubbing alky). The car has so much torque, that I have a lot of problems with tire spin.

At this point, I have to wonder why I'd ever want to pay $14/gal for C-16 again. I mean, it's a little annoying that I have to keep DirectScan handy to watch the BLM's and adjust the main scale, but at ~$3/gal, it's well worth it. Plus I can leave the catalytic converter on the car, etc.

Finally, before you think about trying this yourself, please be sure that you have very large injectors. Although I keep forgetting to check, I'd guess you'd want to see less than 70% duty cycle at WOT when running pure gas, before you mess with E-85.

yep E-85 is great stuff. In my case even better when I get this MAFT Pro installed :biggrin: