My new motor Build with pics

Noticed you used Johnson lifters. They don't list them on their site, did you special order? How do they compare to Morels or Comps? What made you choose them? Building a roller myself this winter and looking for lifters. I'd decided to go with Morels but then I saw the Johnsons and thought I'd ask. Don't mean to derail build thread.

No problem! I went with Johnson's because I'm running a a tad high spring pressure. 440 open. These lifters are rated at 550 open and are limited travel. They are supposed to be the best of the best. Hussek sells them I believe as well as TA performance. I paid 469. I hope they are quite and work as advertised.

No problem! I went with Johnson's because I'm running a a tad high spring pressure. 440 open. These lifters are rated at 550 open and are limited travel. They are supposed to be the best of the best. Hussek sells them I believe as well as TA performance. I paid 469. I hope they are quite and work as advertised.
Awesome. Thanks for explaining. It'll be interesting to know how they work out.
Great looking build man!

Thanks. My only regret is not going with a forged crank. I have a bad feeling I'm gonna over power the stocker. Oh well it's a 40 over block and I have a standard bore block for my next build.

image.jpg
Went to bolt the intake on and the bolt holes dont line up from decking the block and plaining the heads. So we had to take 50' off the sides of the intake. Almost done with that.

Thanks. My only regret is not going with a forged crank. I have a bad feeling I'm gonna over power the stocker. Oh well it's a 40 over block and I have a standard bore block for my next build.
Man with a great tune, the stocker will go further than you think. Bison is running a stock short block, minus the cam and he is putting down around 700rwhp.

Thanks MCH86GN. That is encouraging news. Im not sure how hard im gonna push it till I have someone help tune it for higher boost. I'm gonna be running a ptc 17 blade with a 6766 on e85. Im hoping for mid tens with boost around 22 or lower and a good 60ft.

Thanks MCH86GN. That is encouraging news. Im not sure how hard im gonna push it till I have someone help tune it for higher boost. I'm gonna be running a ptc 17 blade with a 6766 on e85. Im hoping for mid tens with boost around 22 or lower and a good 60ft.
Good luck, post results once you get it to the track.

Finally got around to working on finishing more on the motor. Intake bolt line up now so thats a relief. Getting down to the fun stuff now.

Whose headeers, and any fitment issues? Looking nice!

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

The headers are TA I believe referred to as their race headers. Just mocked them up but no fitment issues yet. Not sure what kind of times to expect but I'm hearing the 6766 is no joke at low boost! I'm really considering going speed density I just need to learn more about it.

Hi, your engine looks really good! May I ask where the girdle, pistons, and engine machine work was done/purchased?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Girdle was purchased from RJC, Pistons are Diamonds and came from Cottons. Block was decked and honed at S&K Machine shop in Topeka KS. We did the heads in house and cut the caps for the girdle. The pics are all at my dad's shop. He rebuilds antique Harley motors and has been at it for more than 40 years.

Girdle was purchased from RJC, Pistons are Diamonds and came from Cottons. Block was decked and honed at S&K Machine shop in Topeka KS. We did the heads in house and cut the caps for the girdle. The pics are all at my dad's shop. He rebuilds antique Harley motors and has been at it for more than 40 years.

Hi,
Thanks a lot for taking the time to write back!
I appreciate that!
Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problem. I enjoy sharing and learning from this board and it's members. This spring I plan on upgrading the high 10 sec fuel system it currently has to a 9 sec capable. It never ends

IMG_2542.JPG
Motor is all finished and installed. Just have to come up with a little more $$$ for a maf setup.