Name some obscure US Produced Car Models made during the 1980s

Not really an obscure model, but I have seen a manual transmission Chevy Astro van in the junk yard. I think it also had a four cylinder engine. I think it was one of the first years GM made that van ('84 or '85). Only one I have ever seen with that powertrain.

My 81 Sport Omega, only 696 made. There are now 2 residing here in the Mpls/ST.Paul area. A guy sent me some pics of the one he bought from Northern Ohio I believe is where it's from.

Attachments

• 1101001652.jpg
    1101001652.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 195
  • 1102001516a.jpg
    1102001516a.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 195
is there anything special about this car? i ask because i own a car exactly like this and was wondering if it was worth keeping.

How bout the super rare 1981 Chevy Corvette Daytona Package LOL hilarious

You can actually own that bad boy for only 17,900 on ebay

1981 Corvette Daytona Package photo, picture, image on Use.com

Here's a 5-speed Taurus wagon. Rarest of the rare. supposedly

Ford : Taurus - eBay (item 270668857423 end time Nov-28-10 20:25:16 PST)

Here's a vehicle I've never seen or heard of. Says it's an american car company. Has anyone here ever seen one.

Other Makes - eBay (item 250733831370 end time Dec-18-10 15:25:59 PST)

Another one that seems pretty rare. 87 fiero zimmer quicksilver. $55,000 msrp:eek:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Classic-rare-1987-Pontiac-Fiero-Zimmer-Quicksilver-/170565558763?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item27b67fe1eb

the road runner; all the pics cept the engine compartment and trunk, looks like its of a very good quality scale model o_O the showroom must be REALLY clean and expensive! I mean, the whole design, boilerplate styled floor, turntable, white wall, flourescet lighting that appears to be the entire ceiling.....the utter lack of reflections of other cars and people...damn, photographer must be quite good. neat car tho! nice wheels, looks like Ma Mopar stuck stainless bezels on jeep wheels lol.

O GOD. the ZIMMER. that is one UGLY car.....I mean...fieros are cool on their own, but when someone adds a Riviera-inspired beak and land-yacht era 4-5 foot extra front extension without making it a true front engined car....ugh. the LaForza? its not an American manufacturer, simply an importer, these SUVs were made in Italy for military and police, not made in the US for Italy lol. someone spent alot of time and money making the custom interior though.

i was just wondering if its a unique or rare in any way. im sure its not but its so hard to find any info about the car.

the Brougham Ciera for 1983, the one you have, is one of 90,307 made; split further into 17,088 Coupes, 73,219 Sedans, no further split for 4 or 6 cylinder models; came with either the 2.5 liter RPO LR8 8.2:1 Compression ratio 4 cylinder engine (Iron Duke) or the optional 3.0 Liter RPO LK9 8.45:1 Compression 6 cylinder Buick v6 engine; all had TH125-C 3 speed automatic with lock up converter, does not mention if 4 speed manual were available for the Brougham; JA1 brakes, options are what makes them different, for example, mine has the 45/45 split seats with storage console, AMFM Cassette player with power antennae, and so on; the Brougham was more numerous than the LS ; but i dont know if the ES is part of the LS or Brougham lineup, however being a 27+ year old car, there are not many 1983 Olds cieras or 1982 cieras out there left due to rust, scrap, and accidents. I think you will find A-Body.net to be of tremendous help in figuring out what you have for options and repairs and parts; do you have pictures or something? it may not sound rare on the face of it, but honestly, there are so few of the pre-86 Cieras and other A-bodies that they're pretty cool in their own right. if you can, there should be a folded piece of paper between the yellow foam and the metal net underneath the front passenger seat, that is your build sheet and yu need to be extremely careful taking the paper out, it is a 28 year old paper.

When the Taurus first came out they had an MT-5 model. The MT-5 had the manual transmission. They came in both sedan and wagon. Both are rare, the wagons are hen teeth rare. I have been searching for a nice MT-5 wagon for years but the couple I have seen have been real projects. The MT-5 morphed into the SHO in 1989.