Need advice with future mods

hflwyo

So I am now back in the Turbo Buick world. So a little bit of history , my first car was a 85 T-type and had fun with it. I recently acquired my fathers clean 86 GN. Vehicle has stock engine (to my knowledge) Walbro 340 with hotwire kit, 60 lb injectors, adjustable fpr, 6152 turbo, 3in downpipe with dump, ATR exhaust, Pats 3200 converter , turbo tweak chip, LT1 maf with translator, rjc pp, UMI rear control arms, ATR rear sway bar, and scanmaster. I was going to get Razors Alky kit, RJC front mount and am wondering about the Fast Sportsman. Car runs good but don't think it has really ever been tuned. I know I need a powerlogger and wideband o2 but the Sporstman does all of this . By the time I buy all of this and a new chip for the Alky I wonder if I am better off just spending the money on the Fast Sportsman. Car is mainly street driven with maybe an occasional trip to the track. Any help on which direction to go is appreciated.

Attachments

• buick 5.jpg
    buick 5.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 110
Make sure everything is in good working order, consider new fuel pump depending on how the Walbro is. Sportsman + Alkycontrol would be a nice upgrade. Then see what it can do before changing anything out. See how the converter works, check the flash stall and slip numbers, you need to couple at a reasonably low RPM to get the most out of the stock heads and cam. Maybe want to change pending results, and an intercooler would also be a good upgrade as the stocker will be a bottle neck.

Sportsman all the way as far as electronics go. Software is super easy too.
Do you have E85 in your area? You'd have to upgrade a few things to run it but boy is it worth it!

So I am now back in the Turbo Buick world. So a little bit of history , my first car was a 85 T-type and had fun with it. I recently acquired my fathers clean 86 GN. Vehicle has stock engine (to my knowledge) Walbro 340 with hotwire kit, 60 lb injectors, adjustable fpr, 6152 turbo, 3in downpipe with dump, ATR exhaust, Pats 3200 converter , turbo tweak chip, LT1 maf with translator, rjc pp, UMI rear control arms, ATR rear sway bar, and scanmaster. I was going to get Razors Alky kit, RJC front mount and am wondering about the Fast Sportsman. Car runs good but don't think it has really ever been tuned. I know I need a powerlogger and wideband o2 but the Sporstman does all of this . By the time I buy all of this and a new chip for the Alky I wonder if I am better off just spending the money on the Fast Sportsman. Car is mainly street driven with maybe an occasional trip to the track. Any help on which direction to go is appreciated.
Keep it simple.many think changing out the stock Ecm is a upgrade and it turns out to be a an expensive headache.put a wideband on the car with a meth kit and tune be surprised how fast you can go and how nice the car can run when it's right.