Need help identifying theses buttons

Matone213

Two buttons in glove box, don't know what they do I bought the car with them installed and also on passenger side a liquid filled plastic grounded to hood?

Attachments

• IMG_2021.JPG
    IMG_2021.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 206
Looks like alarm stuff valet switch last picture tip sensor so it'll go off when the hood opens these are my best guess

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

It depends if the sensor is NO or NC. That's assuming the alarm still works. If the brain box is missing, you can rip out everything.

just check under the steering column and make sure you don't have a starter kill relay done there that might mess you up.

It depends if the sensor is NO or NC. That's assuming the alarm still works. If the brain box is missing, you can rip out everything.

just check under the steering column and make sure you don't have a starter kill relay done there that might mess you up.
I think I'll have my GN mechanic look at it don't want it to kill my electrical but I'll look for box see what I find

X 2 what Earl said also be careful how you flip or push that button with your key on you can put it in valet mode or some other mode without knowing my car was the same way ended up getting my alarm working with a battery and an alarm key fob once I found the brain
Above all you don't want to trigger that starter disable

X 2 what Earl said also be careful how you flip or push that button with your key on you can put it in valet mode or some other mode without knowing my car was the same way ended up getting my alarm working with a battery and an alarm key fob once I found the brain
Above all you don't want to trigger that starter disable

Can you explain valet Mode? I can't get over 3200rpm have to let off even 1/2 won't let me go wot that's how I got car.

If there is a brain for an alarm it will likely be stuffed somewhere to the left of the steering column in the little pocket of space above the brake release. A shock sensor should be zip tied or screwed into the base of the steering column. A starter killer will be close to the column also. Usually wrapped in black vinyl tape. There really no way to tell what the various switches are for w/o me digging around to see what they are wired into. It's best to just to take to a audio shop and have them remove it. Your mechanic might laugh at you if you ask him to figure it out.

When I get cars like that I usually take them to an alarm shop they can usually find the components really quickly remove them and get you wired back the way she should be fairly easy

Every alarm company sequence for the valet feature is different it usually involves a key on Flipping that switch one way or the other while the pressing the button a number of times will make the alarm passive but like stated above there's no way of knowing what that combo is without being there on the initial install or being an alarm experienced

Every alarm company sequence for the valet feature is different it usually involves a key on Flipping that switch one way or the other while the pressing the button a number of times will make the alarm passive but like stated above there's no way of knowing what that combo is without being there on the initial install or being an alarm experienced

Got it will have those guys check it out thx for the info