need help with fbody column

usetaboost

SAY CAR RAMROD!!
Trying to find a steering column for my 93 t/a. What year(s) will work in my car? It has tilt, cruise, delay wipers, and the radio controls. The wiper switch is grey and the lever is black. Reason for replacement is the inside of the collar is broke, I'd rather just swap out for a good one.

thanks for the info Eric! THe yocals tried selling me a camaro column today, and it didn't even have a key and it was all beat up-for 100 bucks:eek: . I found one with a key for 125, I ordered it today from a respected recycle yard. The shop I used to work at used them all the time. Ironically that is where they are dropping it off because they no longer do house deliveries. I will call and make sure its off a firebird tomorrow. Out of curiosity, you know how much extra keys are and keyless entry remotes? How do I go about getting them?

Keyless remotes have a MSRP of $54.39 each. Resistor keys retail for around $50. Those really depend on the dealer cutting them. If you know the resistor code than maybe a locksmith might have them. You should be able to transfer over the lock cylinder from your old column and keep the existing keys. There should be something about reprgramming the remotes on somebodies forum. I do those all of the time and it's easy.

I came across a how to on the remotes. Seemed pretty easy. As far as the key's go I only got one with the car and 2 door keys. I figured those keys were around 80 bucks or so and remotes being the same. My friend works at a shop and does some biz with the local chevy dealership and I have a friend that works at the local buick dealer. If anything I might be able to get a good guy discount:) THanks eric.

I got the steering column and it has a different steering wheel (radio controls are on the sides like on my wife's grand am) on it and the blinker switch is all black. Not a Huge deal about the switch beings I have the other one but I'm kinda thinking it come out of a camaro. Here's the numbers on the column
35 FAL 5YY0603526

Thanks.

I'm showing 26040404 being used on 93-98 Firebirds with the radio controls on the steering wheel. Your TS lever is 93 only so it sounds like that is a 94 and newer column.

Figure I would follow up on this. FInally got a good column after 2 weeks, well usable anyway...:rolleyes: . Got it put in and thing wouldn't start. Guess what? Whole different pass key setup. Yes Eric, the columns are pretty much all the same for 93-98, BUT the passkey setups are different. 93-95 have the same setups, but 96-97 are different, heres a linky http://shbox.com/1/vats_bypass.jpg . You would think the salvage yard would know this. I called them, told them how I felt in the most polite way I could (gotta remember I haven't got to drive my car for2 1/2 weeks at this point). So I called the dealer, no answer. Then I called a local key shop here in town. The guy told me beings I have both keys he can cut me a key for the column and take resistance off my old key and make a new key to work for it. Only cost 22 bucks:cool: . Better than the 80 bucks my friend spent on his at the dealer:rolleyes: Thought I would share some wisdom even though it has nothing to do with 80s gbody