Need help with newly acquired GN

TireFryer

The New Kid
to anyone who wants to help a new GN fanatic get on his feet...

NEw to the GN world, and just got delivery of my hotair GN. It idles ok I guess, but runs very sluggish. Also, it is smoking when I drive the car. The turbo was replaced with a stock used turbo (known to be good and doesn't leak oil through Brian W.), so I don't know what is causing the smoke. Little whisps/trails of smoke can also be seen escaping from the up and down pipe. It has been converted to the 87 ECM. I don't have access to a scanning device to help me figure out what the potential cause of these might be, so if anyone is in the Lansing area in Michigan who can help me out, PLEASE let me know. I would be very greatful and would also appreciate if anyone could steer me to a mechanic who knows how to work on these cars. Thanx in advance and looking forward to meeting some of the MI GN fanatics like myself! :D
email works or call me 517-749-7887

Well Im a little ways from Lansing, but if you come up this way feel free to stop by and we can try to fix that idle and get her running smoother. I also have a couple of ships you could try. As far as your smoking problem post the question in the tech section and you will get plenty of help

I am kind of close by

I live in Chelsea, about an hour from Lansing. As luck would have it, the president of the MBTC (Michigan Buick Turbo Club) lives in Lansing.

I will let him know of this post.

I have an 87 Gn so I am not sure how much use I would be with diagnosing a hotair.

Bill

I live in lansing, West side. Don't know much about the 85's but you are more than welcome to stop by and use my test equipment. Give me a call at work on Thurs. 517 336-3427

SWEET!

I live in west Lansing too....on Canal Rd. off of exit 93B. :cool:

Art: called and left message @ your work. Awesome car BTW!