Need info on cam swap from stk. to roller.

Tim Cucci

I am in getting ready to do a rebuild and currently have a stock cam. What are the requirements to go back with a roller cam in a 109 stock block? Any machining or just parts? What are the min. parts required? What type lifters, springs, button, chain? I currently have 980 comp. springs and stock rockers,and lifters.
Thanks

Contact Mike at FullThrottle. They have a complete kit.... drop in.... no machining required..... He can set you up with the right cam for your mods and goals... No guesswork.

HTH

You'll need the cam, lifters , matching springs , retainers and locks, shorter push rods and either H/D rocker shafts or roller rockers if you want to spend the big $$$. You should be able to find all of this in kit form if you look to any vendor on the site. Good luck :smile:

There's a post last week on this subject that stated you will have to machine the exhaust valve guides if the cam you select has a lift approaching .500". My machinist concurs as I am in the process of going with a roller kit from Full Throttle.
MLH

Give Mike at Full throttle or Dan at DLS a call. Both have everything to make it into a bolt in unit.

There's a post last week on this subject that stated you will have to machine the exhaust valve guides if the cam you select has a lift approaching .500". My machinist concurs as I am in the process of going with a roller kit from Full Throttle.
MLH

.498 and 1.60 rockers with lots of room over here

MLH

If you don't mind running like the factory built these with no exhaust guide seals, it is not required to machine the guides. You can use the stock retainers and remove the oil shields from the original springs and install them on the 941 comp springs. This is one option and many people have done this for years with no problem. I prefer to use the right seal on the exhaust guide and to keep the guide as long as possible you need to replace the valves as well.
Bottom line, you have options and it is not a requirement to machine the guides to install the roller cam.