Need major help; car dies around right turns and more

Berman

My car hates me. :mad: Here's my problems. When warm, the car will sometimes sputter away from a stoplight at barely any throttle, will sometimes sputter under boost, and will often die around right turns. It won't die around left turns, just right turns. Sometimes while going straight it will sputter a few times and try to die but it comes back. Go around a right turn when it's hot and it turns off.

Wtf? In search of this problem (I didn't realize the right turn thing until last night) I have replaced:
coil pack, ignition module, crank sensor, o2 sensor, ecu, chip. All to no avail. I have put a fuel pressure gage on the car and have seen that the pressure does not drop when the problem occurs. I have access to a scan tool but haven't used it, what would I look for anyway? Injector pulse width, maybe one is stuck?

All the GN guys I call are totally stumped. It will die around a super slow right turn as well, so I don't think it's related to centrifigal force (something swinging). Maybe something is hitting the steering column?

It's one thing after another.. :confused: :mad:

does your gas gauge move around alot?

its a wild guess but maybe someone changed the fuel tank and put a regular g-body tank i without the baffles

Originally posted by REDS HOT AIR
does your gas gauge move around alot?

its a wild guess but maybe someone changed the fuel tank and put a regular g-body tank i without the baffles

I have the digital dash but yeah the gas gauge acts weird at times - it'll show -- instead of how much gas for a second or a minute or two at times.

This happens with a full tank though. Baffles or not, wouldn't it not matter with a full tank?

Maybe the fuel pump sock? Argh.. I still think it's ignition related but I have to check everything because this is so weird.. Already threw $400 worth of parts at it this weekend and it didn't make a damn worth a difference. (nothing wrong with having an extra coil pack, ignition module, and o2 though so I'm not too pissed)

shouldnt do it at full tank but figured i toss the idea at ya ??

if you have a fuel gauge problem it might be worth chcking it out back there since the fuel pump and gauge work off the same ground wire

Yeah I will definately check the wiring. I have a homemade hot-wire kit. (I have a real hotwire kit in a bag as well, I could try just plugging that in I guess)

Do you notice anything wierd, electrically happen? Like does the radio cut out? I have heard that a melted through pos cable would do this. Just a thought. Good Luck!

Brian

Before my current slew of problems happened, I changed the injector harness to one I got off a junk GN. (my old harness was bad)

I'm an engineer and when something goes wrong I think back to the last change I made.. I haven't even considered it, but maybe the injector harness I put on is bad?

I would recommend that you physically touch every inch of the positive battery cable, from battery right to the starter...looking for bare, unjacketed cable or it layed across a negative terminal on the solenoid that has worn through. The right turn thing supports this as when you turn right the car/engine loads different from a left. When you discover the cable is hooped, replace it and the p/s engine mount while your there, as it is obviously not doing it's job at this time.
HTH
Jim