Need pics of your 15x8 w/ 255/60 or 275/50's..

KEVINS

I've been searching for hours but I haven't seen any pics.
I'm looking for a 26" or 27" rear tire to fit on an 15x8" rim with no mods and no rubbing but all I see are pics of 275/60's which are way to large for the look I want.

I don't want too much bulge so I was thinking like a 255/60-15 or maybe a 275/50-15 or something close to these sizes that will fit on a 15x8 4"back spacing.

thnx
ks

It looks like the only type of 275/50-15 that is available is a DR which I don't want so I think I would like pics of a 255/60-15 on 8" rims. If anyone would like to post a pic of these it would be really appreciated!

thnx all.

ks

mickey thompson makes a 255/60 drag radial use it on a 8 inch wheel with 3.5 inch back spacing

These are the only pics I have on file right now. I can take more if you need just let me know, I'll probably have the car cover off this weekend. Lighting was crappy on the side shot

image.jpg

image.jpg

I PM'ed you but will post some pics for "search function" reasons. I have 15x7 steel factory GN wheels. I have no wheel well molding and the inner quarter is untouched. Frame is stock. The tires are BFG 255/60 R15. They are 10.2" wide. So 10.2"-7"=3.2" bulge/2=1.6" wider than the rim on each side. I feel that this is about the maximum bulge before it starts to look awkward. I also have old Eibach lowering springs, 26 1/2" inches from ground to quarter panel center wheel well. I have seen a 275/60 on a GN 8" wheel (I think 4"BS) and it looks very similiar, they are about 1" bigger (.9") in diameter and only 1" bulge per side. HTH:D Sometimes the last picture gives me more than a 1" bulge:eek::p
DSC01777.JPG
DSC01778.JPG
IMG_0787.JPG

I PM'ed you but will post some pics for "search function" reasons. I have 15x7 steel factory GN wheels. I have no wheel well molding and the inner quarter is untouched. Frame is stock. The tires are BFG 255/60 R15. They are 10.2" wide. So 10.2"-7"=3.2" bulge/2=1.6" wider than the rim on each side. I feel that this is about the maximum bulge before it starts to look awkward. I also have old Eibach lowering springs, 26 1/2" inches from ground to quarter panel center wheel well. I have seen a 275/60 on a GN 8" wheel (I think 4"BS) and it looks very similiar, they are about 1" bigger (.9") in diameter and only 1" bulge per side. HTH:D Sometimes the last picture gives me more than a 1" bulge:eek::p
View attachment 176264View attachment 176265View attachment 176266
Your lady and ride are both very fine.

These are the only pics I have on file right now. I can take more if you need just let me know, I'll probably have the car cover off this weekend. Lighting was crappy on the side shot

Yea, if you're out and feel like taking a few more pics that would be great!
How wide are the rims?

I think a 27" would be a little tall for my cars look and I would prefer a 26.5" or so but I'll deal with what I can get. I think a 275/50 may look good since these are only 26.5" tall but they seem to only make them in DR's which I don't need b/c I have slicks for the track.

Thanks Guys!
ks

I just got my 15x8" GBody Parts rear wheels and mounted new 265/50-15's on the car tonight. I had 235/60-15 BFG TA Radials on the stock 15x7's and to be honest I'm a bit diappointed in the width of these new wheels compared to the stock wheels. One inch of extra rim width just isn't enough to make much difference in how the wheels look and with the wider tires there is a lot of tire buldge.... more than I'd like.
A 10" rim would be way too wide for me but I think if I could have some custom made I'd go 15x9 with a 3.75" back spacing. I think this size tire is perfect for my ride but the wheels just aren't right. =\

With the 4" back spacing there is 1/2" of clearance from the tire to the frame so it's really close. If they rub I'll get an 1/8" or 1/4" spacer.

CAR: 87 GN
Wheel size:

FRONT: Stock 15x7"
REAR: GBody Parts 15x8"

Back spacing:
FRONT: Stock
REAR: 4 BS

Tire size:
FRONT: 225/60-15 BFG TA Radials
REAR: 265/50-15 Hankook

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

I agree with you. It doesn't look bad but I know it was not the look you wanted. Just look at it this way, you got a good deal on the rims, and now you are inclined to wear those tires down sooner=BURNOUTS!!!!!:p

lol..
I'm actually pondering selling/trading the wheels for some 15x10's but I don't know if I can get them with 4" backspacing...

ks