Need some help with SD2 tuning

BARRACUDA1968

Made a couple logs yesterday and tried to make a couple changes in the VE table to smooth out one particular area. I get a correction of 10.2 at roughly 4800 to 5000 rpm. I made the changes I wanted in the boxes and hit enter. The numbers stuck but when I went back to check them they were back to original numbers. Do I need to use the upload key in the VE screen? Just not sure what I'm doing wrong.

The other thing I tried to make work was lean cruise. My mph was set at 100 so I changed it to 45 and set the target to 15 afr. I drove my car 120 miles to TT/Amesasap house (Bo) and noticed I'm 13.5 to 14.0 ish AFR at 70 mph on the way over so I wanted to lean it out on the drive home. That didn't work either.

Take look at my log and see what improvements I could make. Log 1 is from a roll and log 2 I did a dig and a roll. I had a couple blips of KR and one area I mentioned where the CF was pulling fuel at 10.2 The rest looked decent to me.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Attachments

• PORT BYRON1.dat
    91 KB · Views: 95
  • portbyron2.dat
    191.8 KB · Views: 67
What's your PL version number? I had the same problem with my 6.1 chip until I updated it.

Make sure you had the key on and in monitor mode when making changes.

Ok thank you, other than changing the numbers in the cells and hitting enter I do not need to do anything else other than close out of that screen to save it? I watched your video on youtube and you don't mention anything about that so I assumed that's how it works. I was making changes on the work bench at first so that's why it didn't work. I did however have it plugged in and key on for the lean cruise setting. I need to go back and check a couple things to find out what I did wrong there.

I've spent more time wrenching than driving since I got the SD2 but the more I work with it the more I like it. I've been using a similar set up on my Harley for a few years so it was easy to get used to. I can't imagine not having something like this in one of these cars if you're pushing it. So much adjustability.

The one thing I'd like to see improved is an automap feature where the SD2 make the proper equations off the correction factors to the VE tables and stores the adjustments so we can look at them after a tuning session. Then we can look at what happened and hit a button and create a new map based off the corrections made without manually going in to the VE table. This would create a new map for a second tuning session to dial in a close to perfect tune if the correction factor was bottomed out in my case or adding too much fuel etc. It would just save time and keep a person from accidentally messing up the VE table doing it manually. IE it would make it safer for a newbie or novice tuner.

we have talked about stuff like that and I have some ideas and experiments (and plans), but the novice tuner should use the BLM cells for tuning until he gets some experience with the setup.

Bob

I wrote a PM to Bo with a bunch of info in it. I'll forward it to you.

we have talked about stuff like that and I have some ideas and experiments (and plans), but the novice tuner should use the BLM cells for tuning until he gets some experience with the setup.

Bob

I agree 100% In my case I just needed to smooth out one little area so using the VE table was all I needed. I know my tune could be more consistent in the CF numbers but it's safe and working good. Don't know how picky I'll get if it stays +
or - 5 ish. I did change one BLM cell for light cruise that helped at say enough TPS % to get the car cruising from 30 mph up 70 mph. That cured my correction factor across the board in that TPS % and mph range.

I wrote a PM to Bo with a bunch of info in it. I'll forward it to you.

Yes please forward me what you have. Thank you.