Need Turbo Selection Advice

OneQuikV6

Automotively bi-curious
Hi Guys,

My stock turbo is starting to blow a bit too much oil into the up pipe so I think it's time for a new one. It never really was a problem until the car started belching a little bit of smoke when hitting boost. So...

I am stuck between two difference problems: Which turbo is best and WHERE do buy from. Seems like LOTS of folks run the PTE 51 yet on the other hand, there is lots of talk about them having problems. Therefore...I am stuck between a few different models: TA 49, TE 44, PTE 51 and the TA 60 (John Craig built one). Based on the stuff in my sig and taking for granted that I'll upgrade the convertor a small amount (2800-3000) what is a good match for me? IS PTE THE place to buy or would John Craig be a better choice? I have a little $$ to spend this time and may do the intercooler too...either a bigger stock location of go for the FM since the money is available. The car is used about 95-99% street with an occasional trip to the track, so I NEED street manners and reliability. It's my daily driver. I'm also planning on the PTE turbo saver as well.

Anyone have any comments??

turbo

I would go with a 60-1 and some 009's. I went 11.87 on radials with this set up and a stock intercooler.