new best 9.68, 70gtq works!

bird

went for the last t&t before the winter. did two easy boost setting passes. third pass 30psi with new 70 gtq ran 9.68 @139.93 with a traction limited 1.43 60. my old best was 10.01@137. only major change was the turbo. same tune. the air was alot better for the gtq but thats an honest 30 hp at least. my runs with the 70 p-trim were with some bad exhaust valves but i think that may be worth a tenth max. thanks to cal and holly for thier services and recommendations.

That is awesome!!! And you did it with a 200r4 to boot?? You sir are my hero:biggrin: :cool:

Oh yeah BTW, You should add "The Fastest stock block in Canada" to your sig;)

That is awesome!!! And you did it with a 200r4 to boot?? You sir are my hero:biggrin: :cool:

Oh yeah BTW, You should add "The Fastest stock block in Canada" to your sig;)

thanks, but bragging is not my thing. i am just amazed at what these cars can do. i love to push the stock stuff to the limit.

what exact turbo? brand? exhuast housing? 3 bolt or 4? What stall? PM me info if that is ok! Awsome times!!!!

great times bird.....

What suspension mods do you have?

Man that thing is hauling the mail.

what exact turbo? brand? exhuast housing? 3 bolt or 4? What stall? PM me info if that is ok! Awsome times!!!!

its a percision 70gtq. the exh housing is a 4 bolt .85 "on center" these are not suppose to flow as well as the tangenial or the 3bolts from what i was told. i do a little porting in the opening, i think it helps. i purchased the turbo from hartline performance, exellent service i might add. stall is a 34-3600 a/c non l/u its an oldy, no billet cover but works great.

the suspension consists of an h&r bar(worth every penny), south side lowers, 2 airbags which are not really used anymore with the bar, 90/10's up front. everything else stock

here are some pics of the 70gtq compared to my 70-p trim.

Attachments

• old turbo vs new turbo 006.jpg
    old turbo vs new turbo 006.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 1,116
  • old turbo vs new turbo 002.jpg
    old turbo vs new turbo 002.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 1,100
  • old turbo vs new turbo 003.jpg
    old turbo vs new turbo 003.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,074
  • old turbo vs new turbo 005.jpg
    old turbo vs new turbo 005.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,058
the bigger one on the right that has precision cast into the housing.

i ment which one is the gtq and with is the ptrim; are they both presicsion or just the one on the right, if so which company makes the one on the left?

Nice times, just curious, wouldn't an increase of 3mph at that speed mean it's more than a 30hp increase??

From the one pic, the Q exhaust wheel appears to be much taller, is that the case??

I like the 4 bolt deal, I think T&A has a 4 bolt header coming out soon.

i ment which one is the gtq and with is the ptrim; are they both presicsion or just the one on the right, if so which company makes the one on the left?

dont mean to be a smart ass.....BUT since his thread is about just switching to a NEW GTQ from his OLD P-Trim i ASSume the new shiny one is the GTQ thgrough process of deduction.....LOL:eek:

the other turbo looks like a Turbonetics.... but im jus ASSuming again

yeah that GTQ compressor impeller looks ALOT taller than the P-Trim....I wonder if thats the major difference:confused: