new best 9.68, 70gtq works!

What was your rpm as you crossed the line?

damn bird.... you don't sleep? .... that thing is so fast, you can't sleep just thinking about driving it to work the next day.....;)

damn bird.... you don't sleep? .... that thing is so fast, you can't sleep just thinking about driving it to work the next day.....;)

refering to the time of my last post? i work odd hours. almost 24hrs a day sometimes:mad: . i sleep when i can, but your right i am pretty excited, too bad the weather took a turn for the worst here. car is stored for the winter:(

you are running a stock driveshaft?????????????

you are running a stock driveshaft?????????????

yes sir. stock but balanced with spicer u-joints. seen many t-brake launches this year. i check it for any warpage once in a while. so far so good:eek:

Good to see another stock crank, rods, flex and driveshaft putting up some impressive #'s.

Moser 28's seem to get tweaked on a lot of faster buicks around here.
Why not the 31's?

All I can say is, "SWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTT". Rich you gotta give me a copy of that video, I would love to watch it on my Big screen.:smile:

dam out of a 70 gtq huh, that is kick ass! And an old style bank to bank F.A.S.T. system nice!!
Crazy with still no cage, wow!!!!

blows a 67 away aye?

mike i just got the copy on dvd. it was transfered from a regular video camera. i tried to run it on my computer but i need some decoder. my wife is out of town and will be back tommorow. she is alot better at this stuff than i am. your welcome to a copy just give me a call.

Put a 3 bolt housing on it and bring it down to a tsm event, preferably one that doesn't tech for lack of a rollbar.;)

Put a 3 bolt housing on it and bring it down to a tsm event, preferably one that doesn't tech for lack of a rollbar.;)

i wish i had the time and the funds to travel. hard to just go to the local dragstrip when you have a family. no tsm events up here unfortunately. i dont think i will be running again without a cage its just to risky.
btw.drbooster, the 28's probably wont live to long in a track car, but this car sees limited track time(2-3 times a year).
donnie, the t-brake is a stage right.

Nice numbers with the Q trim turbo! I'm wanting to do the same thing...switch out my old 70-P trim for a 70 Q.

What kind of boost were you running on this pass...30 to 35?

Nice numbers with the Q trim turbo! I'm wanting to do the same thing...switch out my old 70-P trim for a 70 Q.

What kind of boost were you running on this pass...30 to 35?

boost gradually goes up from about 28 in 1st, 29 in 2nd, 30 in third. like to see what 35 would do but im not that brave.

When you stage and build boost what RPM does your converter stall to when it's at 15psi just before launch?

When you stage and build boost what RPM does your converter stall to when it's at 15psi just before launch?

aprox 42-4300rpm @15psi, aprox 46-4700 @20psi. t-brake of course. most on the foot brake was 9-10 psi. i would never go back to foot brake launches.

Do you know the stall rpm for 10psi? Sorry for the questions...just gathering more info about stall speeds needed for the 70Q.

I have a Precision Industries 9.5 LU converter that I had in my Malibu. The Part # on converter is: 239725 (#7). These are the stall speeds according to my data log with a TE-70 P Trim. The stalls below was staging at the drag strip...

At 0psi @2900rpm
At 5psi @3700rpm
At 8psi @4100
At 10psi @4450
At 12psi @4600 RPM then launched

Looks like it's more stall than yours so it will probably work fine for the Q trim. The converter I have in it now stalls at 3700 at 10psi of boost and much more drivable IMO. So, if I get a 70 Q look slike I'll be needing the high stall converter again.

I think the 3700 rpm @10 psi of boost converter may be fine for the 70Q. I would give it a try before changing because the higher stall converter may slip more.