New Fast XFI install, now runs crappy

You forgot to add that Accel does not send BETA flashes to plain old customers to install on other(s) cars that blow motors :rolleyes:

Very well said Lonnie, but you have to understand that to Otto there is no other thing held more sacred than a XFI, and he will fight to the death to promote it over any other aftermarket ECU. His post asking you these questions about the extenal inputs was just a bait pile, he knows the answer and is much smarter than he leads to be at times.

I hope you see what kind of guy you really are dealing with now.

Funny,I sent a customer to Hartline Performance just the other day to buy a Big Stuff 3.
I told him it was a better setup for combination,Now why would I do that?

Bait pile,Funny,I took lessons from Ted on that one.(remember the days of the intercooler threads)

Great thing lately is that the entire Buick Community see what kind of guy you really are.

That was an honest question as i have a guy with a Gen 7 (Single Turbo Mustang)i have to tune and want to add his c02 to our data.

Thanks for letting the Buick Community know your true feelings towards me.
I like the fact people know we dont get along.

Preach on man! Great Post! I have been telling every vendor that would listen to me this.

I have now gotten to know just about every vendor on the board and they all have offered to help me anyway possible. But when I got back into Buicks years ago Brian at Gbody was the first guy I dealt with that treated me good. The two previous vendors are not on this board btw! Anyway I called to ask him about a car he used to own I was buying, not buying anything, and he took almost an hour talking to me. Needless to say I have spent much money with him since!

Far as the board, we are trying our best to keep it like it should be. Isn't all that easy though:frown:

Thanks Grim, I wasn't sure how this was going to be received by you. Much appreciated!!

Bait pile,Funny,I took lessons from Ted on that one.(remember the days of the intercooler threads)

Anybody feel free to check who the author of the SE Intercooler thread back in 05 and there is your answer on who is the king of bait piles. Sorry Otto, but your spin isn't going to work.

Hey Ted A.

Stop being so angry.... I read your post about placing blame on FAST for your motor popping.... it seems to me it gave you plenty of warning signs before it finally let go.... you need to be accountable for your actions. I am really not trying to be nasty but give it a rest. Be positive for a change.

Anybody feel free to check who the author of the SE Intercooler thread back in 05 and there is your answer on who is the king of bait piles. Sorry Otto, but your spin isn't going to work.

Not trying to spin anything Ted.
Ive come along way since then.
You an the other hand havent changed a bit.

Hey Ted A.

Stop being so angry.... I read your post about placing blame on FAST for your motor popping.... it seems to me it gave you plenty of warning signs before it finally let go.... you need to be accountable for your actions. I am really not trying to be nasty but give it a rest. Be positive for a change.

You should read a bit more, it was determined that the FAST box did blow his motor with a lot of help from Otto.

You should read a bit more, it was determined that the FAST box did blow his motor with a lot of help from Otto.

Hey dont forget the driver,He had a big part in this also!

I blow up everything i touch,Funny thing,I touched your car at
Reynolds in 05 and it starting leaking coolant right after that:biggrin: :biggrin:

Hey Ted A.

Let me be the first to say:

Welcome aboard. :cool:

nice first post ;) i just like reading all the post. this doesnt involve me so i keep my mouth shut on what i think.

So move on we all blow up $hit so this time it was the fast box next time it will be a rod maybe next time it will be the alternator will let go and lean the motor come on Dave. We race and things let go he had a warning it was up to Ted to abort the pass he chose not to, he paid the piper. Back in 05 at Reynolds you had a fluky injector you chose to put the car on the trailer again that was your choice (smart one) Dave my point is Ted needs to move on or put on a skirt

DAMN!!!!!!! This thread has become quite popular. Over 300 views since last nite.:biggrin:
Bryan

hell with all these so called FAST problems if anyone wants to give me there FAST system for my factory 87 ECM (modded) and MAF i will trade straight up ;)

Lonnie,

Sorry if you took my off base response wrong, but it is what it is. Unfortunately, if you and others didnot have any help for Bryan, why respond? Just move onto the next post... at least, that is what I try to do... but thats just me. Promoting yourself and Gen7 in a thread related to a new FAST startup issue just is not very professional, if you don't post, I don't have to respond... see.... isn't that easy. Then the BS doesn't start. Now have a great day, I'll see ya in Indiana....

Craig,

Thanks for the PM, I appreciated it.

I only responded because of your comment. Not promoting myself only defending myself. Promoting Gen7 ya maybe just a little. You got me on that one.

Hey dont forget the driver,He had a big part in this also!

I blow up everything i touch,Funny thing,I touched your car at
Reynolds in 05 and it starting leaking coolant right after that:biggrin: :biggrin:

The coolant leak didn't stop me from setting a few records back in 05 that still stand today.

Otto, when you make Big Power "something you know NOTHING about" parts break. ECU's are a different story Ted's case "Flasher Error":eek:

Your killing me !!!!!!!
I used to rebuild mine on the kitchen table(previous owner of 5 chevelles)

I am currently the owner of a Mikuni, Carter AFB and a Holley.Installed on a Harley, 65 GTO and a 22' Checkmate, they all perform the same function.:biggrin:

Last month I installed a Turbonetics CPT66 BB( upgraded from a 9 month old TA49), new DP with external gate, Razors ALKY. The car was running pretty good for a stock converter. Absolutely NO KNOCK.I just installed a Fast XFI, and 72 lb injectors, gapped the plugs at a tight .032, set fuel pressure to 43 with line off, set TPS. The car wont idle smooth at all, even off-idle sucks. It has a dead spot in it.I have to keep my foot on the gas at a stoplight to keep it from dying. It seems to run ok at slight to moderate acceleration but at WOT the knock guage goes off the chart even with the ALKY turned up.
I am sending log files to Jack Cotton to review but it may take days to get an answer or any reprogramming done. Anyone have any ideas? More fuel pressure? Less fuel pressure? Wrong gap? Bad TPS? Bad WBO2?
Thanks
Bryan

Nope, it'll be up to your vendor to fix the issues. Only other option is read up on the instructions and learn to tune yourself.

Was this really neccesary?
I am learning on my own and am progressing along very nicely thank you. As for the dead spot, WRONG!.
What the hell is the deal with the attitude of the vendors on this board?
" SCREW YOU if you didnt buy it from me" I posted this thread for some HELP originally knowing that Jack was driving back from the weekend of racing, what I get as a first reply is a smarta$$ comment from Dusty,which just cost him a sale

Sorry if you took it that way. Now that I read it when it's not 2am I can see where you would take it that way:D Anyone have any ideas? More fuel pressure? Less fuel pressure? Wrong gap? Bad TPS? Bad WBO2? This is the reason I answered the way I did. There was nothing we could do, you had the proper settings and it was obviuos the tune needed some modifying which is not unusual from car to car. It has nothing to do with the "screw you" attitude...it's more about respect than you may think. What if I had made some changes that did not work right away? You then send the file to Jack when he got back. He doesn't know what all I changed and the problem goes on. Your not happy and you have two vendors stepping on each other's toes. It's best to only deal with your FAST vendor when addressing these kinds of issues. Each one has their own way of doing things.

I'm glad you are learning on your own...IMO, that's the best way to learn the system with tips from your vendor. This way when you do have a more in depth question you'll have a better understanding and will be on the same page as your vendor.

Sorry if you took it that way. Now that I read it when it's not 2am I can see where you would take it that way:D Anyone have any ideas? More fuel pressure? Less fuel pressure? Wrong gap? Bad TPS? Bad WBO2? This is the reason I answered the way I did. There was nothing we could do, you had the proper settings and it was obviuos the tune needed some modifying which is not unusual from car to car. It has nothing to do with the "screw you" attitude...it's more about respect than you may think. What if I had made some changes that did not work right away? You then send the file to Jack when he got back. He doesn't know what all I changed and the problem goes on. Your not happy and you have two vendors stepping on each other's toes. It's best to only deal with your FAST vendor when addressing these kinds of issues. Each one has their own way of doing things.

I'm glad you are learning on your own...IMO, that's the best way to learn the system with tips from your vendor. This way when you do have a more in depth question you'll have a better understanding and will be on the same page as your vendor.

Thanks for letting me know your side.
I FULLY understand the respect issue thats why I did not ask for ANY programming help. I did not want another vendor stepping in, I merely wanted to know if there was something that I may have overlooked or connected improperly.
Bryan