new guy from oklahoma

martinGN

hi im new to the site and wanted a lil help im looking at a couple of GNs to buy just cant make up my mind the first one i looked at was a 86 with all kinds of mods cam,bigger turbo,new heads,bigger inner cooler,chip ect well the original owner is locked up so theres no way to talk to him the car runs and drives but i think its too much for me because i dont really know a whole about these cars i use to own a 84 t-type but it was a big project!!! the second one im looking at is a 84 all og motor with almost 72k on it it needs a lil tlc paint, interior but notting major runs and drives beautiful!!! i know the 86-87 have the turbo in front of the engine and are better than the (hot air) but i been wanting one of these cars since i was younger

20121104_160553.jpg

Hello and Welcome to Turbobuick.com!!! :) Go with the '86 if you can.............

those are pics from the 86 everthing is new when the guy took me for a test drive it ran perfect till he smashed the gas when it would make about 4/5pounds of boost it hesitate and even die it would run fine till you would floor it same thing evertime

Get the 86 what you describe it doing shouldn't be hard to diagnose and fix I've ha two hot airs and my 86 that I have now wouldnt do another hot air car if my life depended on it go with the 86:) just my opinion

Well me being new too the cars I dont wanna get one that I cant fix and just have it parked any clue on what it could be??

Look up the ferd buick race held every year at Noble. This year was cancelled but it's on for next year in October so you've got plenty of time to prepair for it.;)

I couldnt wait any longer had to pick up the 84 Ive been driving it for 2 Weeks now I like it I gave my bike and others toys to get one so im happy for now

Congrats and welcome to the site. Post pictures of the 84 if you can.:)

Happy Spooling.

Mike Barnard