New guy

lxmodguy

Hey folks,

I joined to learn a little more about the Grand Nationals. I have always wanted one every since they came out. Just never came to buy one. I have been looking for one lately. I think found a nice one that I am trying to buy at the moment. I appreciate the years and years of info to sort through. It makes for good learning.

Anyway, I am a long time car guy, I have been doing EFI tuning for about a decade now. The last few years I have been mainly tuning FAST, Holley, and MegaSquirt.

Thanks for a great resource. I am looking forward to learning what I can. I will post up some pics when I finally buy one

Too funny, I found one 10 hours away, I am going to try to go get it this weekend. 87 Grand National, 59k original miles, bone stock other than the intercooler was upgraded

Where are you located? Somebody in here may well know the car or be willing to look at it with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am in North Texas. The car is coming out of St Louis. I am buying it from the second owner. He gave me the first owners phone number to talk to him as well.

Well here she is. I pick her up next week. Beautiful 58k mile car.

66602bc2c2dea89982aae8bb41eb06e4.jpg
21c815321e5bf3309b6ce4ceb6740ada.jpg
492596b150c8a7515270d1ab5e73630c.jpg
e196baebb82e33b9f44e9ed14651a005.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I got it home a couple days ago. It is sitting at my buddies shop. Hes giving it the once over for me since I do not have time right now. Compression looks good. There are some leaks to fix, its got some very old headers and downpipe that are leaking. It looks like we need to fix an oil leak on the return line of the turbo, replace the oil pan gasket and a few others as well. Overall though its a pretty solid car. It's going to need paint at some point, looks like it been spotted here and there and they did a decent job, but I would want to strip it down and paint it and replace all the weather stripping and stuff eventually.

Looks real nice! Welcome to the club. Took me quite a while to find the right car too.
KID

i found a chip and test pipe in mine, beyond that it was stock. 10,900 miles when i bought it 3 years ago, original paint, original brake bowl too. i think it still had original air filter in it; man it was dirty.