New member, but I've had my car for a while!

85Dan85TType

Hi everyone. My name is Daniel Wenning, I'm "Matto"'s younger brother (I'm 20). Just thought I'd introduce myself and show you my Buick along with my Lexus!

Sadly, all I have are garage shots of the Buick because it's been under a transformation for quite some time now. Also, sorry I have to link to all the pictures, if I try to direct post them, they'll go away in about 24hrs. :(

Here's one of the T-Type.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/226941989/1226962493062245582wOWVws# (If you go a few forward of that picture, you can see my keychain, which is nothing short of awesome)

Here's one of my '95 SC300. I have a fun time driving it, although there's nothing like the T-Type. I was lucky enough to find it in a 5-speed; it's not too great on gas, but I manage to get by on 22mpg (it's not a 4 cylinder and it's not FWD, so c'mon, cut me some slack for owning a jap car!)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/226941989/2006090580062245582ZjjtKD#

I have since taken off the ghetto tint and tried to clean it up a little, the paint is nowhere near as good as the picture makes it look. Only thing I've added are a set of McCulloch (spelling?) 5300K HID's, they're a wee bit on the bright side, but they look darn good!

Hope you like my cars!

-Dan

Hey, glad to see another young Buick owner, I'm 19.

Haha you had the same idea as me, I've seen those little GN keychains on eBay and thought about getting it.

Very nice car, I've had my GN for about a year but recently I'm getting jealous of everyone's T-types in different colors.

Nice Lexus as well, right now I'm training to work for Toyota/Lexus. The first few weeks of training have changed my mind about labelling them "Jap cars", they sure as hell ain't Honduhz!

That silver 85 looks pretty nice, reminds me of my very first turbo buick i purchased.... Mine was a 86 t-type silver with grey leather, looked identical on the outside as yours.

Whats left to get it back on the road?

BW

Well, I'm pretty sure I'm going to sell the hot-air stuff off of it and convert it over to an intercooled set-up just for simplicity's sake. I was hoping to get to run it at least once with the current set up; but I'm not sure if it would happen.

So far as getting it running with the hot-air+intercooler set-up I think I need (it's been a while since I've thought about it):

A street chip and a strip chip (new MAF as well most likely),
New plug wires,
Intercooler shroud,
Finish putting in the intake tubing I got,
A smaller turbo (it doesn't look like the hood will be able to close with it on there :D :D :D; that's how you know it's big enough),
Figure out why the accelerator line is too short to get to the TB;
And I also need to figure out why the transmission won't match right up to the block (stock transmission, 4.1 block....). My brother and I changed the converter and I'm 99% sure I put it in all the way, though I've been known to be wrong.

To make it a cold air? Everything in front of and above the heads. :tongue:

Now that I think about it, it's not all THAT far away from being done; but my brother knows infinitely more about the car than I do, so I still got a ways to go.

very nice ride man!!! i have a 84 gn that i switched to cold air. going with a front mount intercooler will improve your car dramatically! but that dam turbo on top of the engine is a really ****ty setup. that will hold yur car back from being a monster on the street. hot air cars are a uphill battle when trying to upgrade performance. a ta49 turbo will work perfect for yur car. its the best turbo for a 84-85 imo.