New PT6466BB turbo, does the exhaust WG hole need porting?

2QUIK6

Turbo Milk Jug displacmnt
So it's been a long time since I swapped turbos...back 15 years ago, I needed to port out the WG hole to near the same size as the Terry Houston downpipe oversized puck to control boost on the GT6131e turbo with .63 housing..back then the inside edge was not smoothed either which I smoothed out and ported out the hole to near the TH puck size.
Just got a new PT6466 with .63 exh housing, the inside edge of the WG hole is smoothed, but the hole is tiny.
I use the stock WG solenoid and a BstCommand controller and HD 18# accuator.

Do I still need to port this guy out or would that not be needed since the exhaust wheel is so much bigger?
Pics of the exhaust side attached
6466-6131turbo.JPG

My buddy had to port the WG hole with a TA performance 3.5in DP on a pte6266 turbo and put a manual boost controller on it

Wont really truly know until it reacts to your combo.
But it wouldn't hurt to open up to correct flapper/downpipe/wastegate size.
Unless you planned on selling/changing combo soon? Werent positive if you
were going to be happy yet.

^what he said, but if you decide not to port it be very cautious the first time you lean on it, that turbo makes boost extremely fast!

Thanks for all the responses. I went ahead and ported it out some and smoothed out the inside edge after opening up the hole more.
6466-wgported.JPG

I wouldn't be surprised if you need to go more...
Watch your boost gauge real close.

Is that marked from your flapper? Mine was off center. So my hole was more egg shaped.

FYI my 6466 would boost frim 21-30 in less than .1 second before porting.

Yeah, I may need to port it out more, didn't want to go too big right off the bat.
The outter line drawn is actually around the grease mark made from the flapper, so its a little larger than the puck itself...just used as a reference to draw the line to port to.

wouldn't doing it the right way be to port the hole to the exact size of the puck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine ended up being 1.05 inches in diameter. I doubt there is a one size for all combos method, so just experiment a little.

I'd use an external gate with that turbo. Throw that hd actuator away. Your gonna run into problems with boost spikes with that pos wg.

I'd use an external gate with that turbo. Throw that hd actuator away. Your gonna run into problems with boost spikes with that pos wg.
I know someone that put down 610 on e85 @30# with a HD wastegate.
I run an external gate.

I know someone that put down 610 on e85 @30# with a HD wastegate.
I run an external gate.

It will work but it's crazy. I wouldn't run a HD actuator period. 18# cracking pressure is way too much unless your running high 30's low 40's boost imo.

Huh.......am I missing sum'n here? I've been running a HD actuator for 5yrs along with a TE60 and up to 25-26 psi. Smooth a silk, never an issue.