New Pypes 3" exhaust

I can definitely say that the 2.5" system will rust and the quality of the piping can differ. My right tailpipe is 2 different kinds of pipe welded in the middle like the end of the length was attached to the next length of pipe. Half is rusted like mild steel and the other half looks like stainless. But all lower grade material. I am not into showing and don't polish everything on my car so I'm fine with it. I'm sure it will last longer than I will keep it on before another upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Just got my 3" Pypes system that I ordered through Summit Racing. Looks good except the tailpipes are not cut on a slant like the factory pipes. It is cut straight.
I called Pypes and they said they do not cut the 3" tailpipes on an angle. Has anybody installed one. Wondering how the tailpipe will look not being cut on an angle.

Just got my 3" Pypes system that I ordered through Summit Racing. Looks good except the tailpipes are not cut on a slant like the factory pipes. It is cut straight.
I called Pypes and they said they do not cut the 3" tailpipes on an angle. Has anybody installed one. Wondering how the tailpipe will look not being cut on an angle.

I thought the pics show the slant cut ....That is what caught my attention. I like the cut on the GN1 Exhaust on my car as well as the RJC. Can you post pics of the tailpipes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried ordering the system through summit. Says it's out of stock [emoji31]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.jpeg
Not sure if it will clear the GNX suspension?

Our exhaust we sell has the same style cut as stock. This is how the new style tailpipes are made.

Last edited:
I have atr ss with pitbull mufflers 2.5" already on the gn with the gnx rear I was looking at 3" exhaust

Do you know if the ATR SS 2.5 system on your car was specifically designed for the GNX suspension?
Maybe they designed one system to fit both the TR's and the GNX??

Sorry, was this to the "did they design one system to fit both the TR's and the GNX??" question?
my bad, yes my exhaust is for gnx and i have not seen a good picture of the 3" where it goes over the rear, my is very wide almost to the gas tank before it turns back down

my bad, yes my exhaust is for gnx and i have not seen a good picture of the 3" where it goes over the rear, my is very wide almost to the gas tank before it turns back down

It looks like the GNX exhaust would fit a TR, but not the other way around??

Nick, or anyone else ... Does anyone know if the Pypes 3" kit will fit on a car with Hotchkis or Edelbrock rear control arm braces?? Looking at Pypes install pics for an '86 El Camino on their website, it looks like the muffler case comes very close to the inboard side of the lower control arm-to-frame mounting bracket. With the braces, there would be even less clearance, or actual interference there ... Anyone have any info?? Thanks in advance for any help folks could provide ... I emailed Pypes, so I'll post up what they say ...
John A, Turbohh