New To Gn World!!!!!!

Yes, what HE said! :) To add more support, the Hooker headers are a step BACKWARDS unless you are making 750HP. Then they are the wrong material, good design. Stay away from them. I just sold a good set for $75 to a guy that was going to use them on a non-turbo car, and throw the cross over tube away. The ATR front mount intercooler is not a, even decent, gain over a stock intecooler with a little grinding or Duttweiler inlet mod. The core is tiny, and the basic design is flawed. It has long tanks and very, very short core, not allowing enough residence time inside the core. (the air is in and out of the core so fast, it cannot transfere heat. You need a core with really long core design, so the air is spending longer time in the actual cooling section of the intercooler allowing the heat to transfere to the fins.) Spend alot of time reading up on turbo systems BEFORE you start listening to anyone. (including ME) The more knowlegeable you are, the better you can understand or reject advice. Kinda like going to Vote, when all the info you have on a candidate is from the news. (REAL BAD idea:mad: ) Knowledge is golden!
I am curious as to how much Turbo Buick V6 racing experience your friend has. (how fast did HIS car run?) (who is it?) Sorry, but so far, he has not given sound advice/parts suggestions. Over 50% of the parts you are considering buying are a poor choice. I don't mean to slam the person, but no one on this board is suggesting you to buy that stuff. Ask Gene, he's run a good number (all day long, and drove it home, 7 hours away:eek: ) Alot of other guys on here have built real fast and reliable cars. THEN ask on the general tech forum on this site. Post your parts list on the general tech forum and see what answers you get there too. You have alot to learn, and it can get REAL expensive if you buy the wrong stuff. This is ALOT of fun to do. Take your time and research everything before you buy. Post questions on your ideas of combinations, and you will get good advice. Most importantly.......take the advice. Some advice will be given by vendors trying to sell parts, though. Read, read, and read some more on tech section, and you will have a better chance to do the right thing.

I'd call turbo lou of lou's automotive. If he can't set you straight none of us can. He's a supporting vendor. I think you may need some advice from somebody that's been at it forever. A bad ass 11 sec street car isn't that hard and I think you can get there a lot easier than you're planning to go. That turbo may not be the best choice for a street car. Research! Good to see you're asking questions!

well u know what ur probably right cause my friend race cars are camaros, chevelle, and some mopars. So all u guys cant be wrong his gn was always ran in the street. so let me ask u guys this question which front mount intercooler do u guys recommend? so the rockers, downpipe,wastegate and turbo is a go? I think ill get that turbo and if i dont like im sure ill find some one to trade. like they say is better to have more than having less:D The machine shop is high tec and they specialized in GN so we will se how it goes. Well, updates soon. Thanks.

well u know what ur probably right cause my friend race cars are camaros, chevelle, and some mopars. So all u guys cant be wrong his gn was always ran in the street. so let me ask u guys this question which front mount intercooler do u guys recommend? so the rockers, downpipe,wastegate and turbo is a go? I think ill get that turbo and if i dont like im sure ill find some one to trade. like they say is better to have more than having less:D The machine shop is high tec and they specialized in GN so we will se how it goes. Well, updates soon. Thanks.

FMIC's to have:

V1, PTE, Cotton's, RJC will all do.

i would appreciate any advise u guys have im located in los angeles, CA i need to find a good shop to build that tranny im trying to build a fassstt street car that can go low 11s

Ken you did see he is in CA right?
Rigo's 87 GN you might try asking these question and finding contacts in your Region:D
This area is mosly Washington,Oregon and Canada...
This is were all the slow guys that dont know anything hangout LOL
You know the Left Coast guys Hehe

well i guess im in the wrong side of town:D well i learn a lot from u guys i and i thank u for all the advise you guys given me. I have a cousin in seattle hopefully when i go see him ill take my gn so i can do a couple of runs with the big boys!!! Thanks:D

well i guess im in the wrong side of town:D well i learn a lot from u guys i and i thank u for all the advise you guys given me. I have a cousin in seattle hopefully when i go see him ill take my gn so i can do a couple of runs with the big boys!!! Thanks:D

HEY! I need to loose weight, but I'm NOT a "BIG BOY" ................yet.:D

No Gene I didn't realize he was in Ca. FIgured he was a new local guy, and was trying to figure out who was talking him into those parts.