New To The Boards

jake616

Hello-
I am new to the Turbo Buick boards but have been interested in them since I first seen my friend Ronnies(equalizer442).I do not know much about them but would like to learn on what to buy, and modifying it for soem overall good performance. Oh well....jsut thought that I would introduce myself.

THANKS!:cool:

jake

I currently drive a 1994 Wild Orchid Metallic Probe GT that is completly stock performance wise except for my suspension.

what to look for

I have a few basic questions to start out with and hopefully somebody will be able to help me out.

*I have been thinking about getting an 87 Turbo Regal...good choice or should I look towards a different year/make?
*I want it wo look and perform like a gn(in terms...a clone). I know this will lower re-sale value but i am interested...How can i do this?
*What are some links you would recomend me reading to elarn about these cars?
*Maintance....what are prices on these repairs like? How much would a stock engine build up cost me?
*Where do i look for these cars(trs,ttypes,gns)..and what should i expect to spend?

I am sorry if alot of this has been answered before but i figured I could get it all naile din 1 shot... Thanks Tons!

J-A-K-E

*I have been thinking about getting an 87 Turbo Regal...good choice or should I look towards a different year/make?

I perfer the 87 or 86 GN or T-Type
*I want it wo look and perform like a gn(in terms...a clone). I know this will lower re-sale value but i am interested...How can i do this?

Look for a clone already done .... building one from scratch will be costly. as far as resale value it realy dont matter if you are happy with the car and its what you want (until you go to sell it:( )

What are some links you would recomend me reading to elarn about these cars?

There is other site better then this one..... J/K

www.gnttype.org www.turbobuicks.com

*Maintance....what are prices on these repairs like? How much would a stock engine build up cost me?

Call some of the vendors like:

Hartline Performance , KDK performance , Cotton Performance , SE Turbo , This site and other sites can supply you with more shops that can answer your questions about build ups.

*Where do i look for these cars(trs,ttypes,gns)..and what should i expect to spend?

Sites mention above , Ebay , auto trader avg cost for a high mile GN are around 6500 in the upwards of 10 - 11 plus. these cars are not cheap and are known to put in the poor house &/or dog house.

Welcome aboard

Jesse :cool: