New to the page, new to the BUICK!!

ColtDogg

Last night I bought my first Buick. from a old friend. My step son has been wanting one for some time. After we talked with my friend I ended up buying the car. Not sure if his mom will let him have it for his first car, just yet but I am going to play with it some tell he turns 16. The car needs some work, bumper fillers, front and back, breaks, and a tune up. But for a 1987 G.N. I fill its a very nice car.

Not going to lie, this car would not be my first pick as I am a fan of the 1968 Camaros and the mid 60's Mustangs. but I got to say this car has kinda got to me. I have been behind the wheel of this about 10 years ago, and wow, it was just as mean as it could be. Well this car has been setting for the past 4 years so as soon as I get it home, I am going to drain all the old gas, and start the major tune up.

I am also looking at upgrading the breaks. I been looking at a vacuum brake conversion kit. As I remember about 10 years ago I did not care for the breaks any. Then the wheels is a MUST GO! I know you guys like them but I am not a fan of them. I will be going to the older style Centerline wheels.(yes I will keep factory wheels, but they are not going to stay on it why I own the car!! LOL)

Once the kids mom gives me the OK to let him take off in it, then I will be looking at de-tuning it down some. I know a lot of you guys are going to call me craze for letting him have this as a first car, but why not! My first car was a 68 SS Camaro with a 396 ci 375HP. So I know how he fells wanting this car.

Welcome aboard and good luck! Even after 3 years of ownership, I'm still a new guy to these cars, but this place is loaded with solid information and people willing to help out. I did the vacuum brake conversion in my vehicle. Got tired of the power master.

Welcome to the site. Parked in my garage, next to my GN is a 67 Fastback GTA Mustang. With polished Centerlines. :)
I've owned many cool cars. None have gotten under my skin, or are as satisfying as my Grand National.
They are good looking, faster than crap, comfortable to drive, get decent gas mileage and heck! They're going up in value too. So, what's not to like. :)
Take your time and be willing to learn. That's the secret to these things. Knowledge. Here's some stuff to get you started. http://www.turbobuick.com/threads/info-for-new-turbo-regal-owners.380856/ Among other things, you'll want to prime the oil and use a zinc additive in the oil. Let us know if you have any questions and once again,

Welcome and happy spooling.
Mike Barnard

Once the kids mom gives me the OK to let him take off in it, then I will be looking at de-tuning it down some. I know a lot of you guys are going to call me craze for letting him have this as a first car, but why not! My first car was a 68 SS Camaro with a 396 ci 375HP. So I know how he fells wanting this car.

I gave my son a 1965 442 with a 468cu.in 650hp plus nitrous for his first car so don't feel bad. I'm sure he will like the GN. Be careful though....they are addictive. It was my son who got me into these cars! :)

Welcome ColtDogg to the site,now go ahead and start attacking your nest egg to get the G/N to your Liking.
When it is done you may turn into an Indian Giver, your 16 year old may wonder why is Dad driving the G/N
all the time, and is he ever going to toss me the keys ?? I have had a T/B for over 30 years , It is and addiction
once you inhale the first acceleration you will know if you're HOOK !!! :nailbiting::nailbiting:

Welcome to the TB world.

Be forewarned that all of your past sensibilities regarding automobiles have now met their demise.

You WILL NOT be able to get enough of this car be it love or hate, depending on the moment.

Your kid, he's gonna be S.O.L. once you get into this car.

Do yourself a favor and buy him a 2003 Cobra or something. You won't be giving him the GN, ever. ;):D